what's a "shotgun start event hunt?"

helkat22

Geeze, I'm a little embarrassed here with some folks not knowing what it is...

We host the Annual Shotgun Start Event each year here in northeast Pennsylvania. We have everyone start at the same time, but not at the same spot. Take a look at the descriptions of the last three shotguns we've had by going to our page and clicking on our sponsored event icon. There you can peruse our event descriptions.

The first one in 2004 was with a waterfalls theme, the second one in 2005 was state game lands and the one we just had in 2006 was the AT (Appalachian Trail). We're planning this fall's shotgun with a biking winery theme, but this could change. I've been horrible at getting the word out on these events only because I limit it to 10 teams and it's not very kid-oriented (I save that for our Annual Easter Egg Hunt Event). So keep your eyes open in August for the unimoggers' announcement. Not in the forums, but just by having the event posted on gc.com.

BTW, the AT event was a BEAR and more like an endurance event! Just ask a participant...

• Helpful 1