changed name, needed to relog travel bugs

ncparolelady

I searched for an answer and didn't find one. Hope I didn't overlook it. Anyway, I changed my geocaching name and want to relog the few travel bug/geocoins that I had found under the old name. What's the best way to do this since the bugs/coins aren't in my possession anymore? Thanks!

Did you change your name or create a new account?

If you changed the name it will keep those bugs logged in for the account.

If you actually created a new account you will ahve to re-find all of those bugs to do it.

Sorry I didn't explain my situation better...I created a new account. The forums I had read indicated that you can't "change" your name any longer. So, do I look up the travel bug by name and just log it as discovered?

not sure you can discover them without knowing the tag #

You can only write a note without the tracking number.

Instead, you should have asked Groundspeak to just change the account name for you in the database, I'm pretty sure they can do that, then you wouldn't have to re-log everything. Maybe, just maybe, they can do it now, and you won't ahve so much to catch up on. You can send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com and ask.

P.S. Changing names is not something they want to get into the habit of doing, but if there is good reason, they might be able to do it. If everyone who didn't like the original name started changing their names, they'd be inundated with requests, and that's not what they want. It never hurts to ask.

The ability to change usernames was removed in May 2006, so please don't ask. For further details see the posts from that timeframe in the Announcements Forum, and the very last post in the FAQ topic that's pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum.

If it's a small number of trackables I would write to their owners, explain what happened, and ask for the tracking number so you can log a "discovered" on them.

The ability to change usernames was removed in May 2006, so please don't ask. For further details see the posts from that timeframe in the Announcements Forum, and the very last post in the FAQ topic that's pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum.

If it's a small number of trackables I would write to their owners, explain what happened, and ask for the tracking number so you can log a "discovered" on them.

Thank you Keystone, I must have missed that.