can geocaching.com have appropriate favicon files please?

Bad_CRC

I have a lot of bookmarks (in my browser) for different geocaching.com pages. Like most cachers (I assume) I have bookmarks for cache pages, my travel bug pages, and for profile pages and search results. Right now, every single one of them has the same Groundspeak logo as the favicon for the page.

It would make things more user-friendly if the cache pages had the cache icon, travelbug pages had the travelbug icon and the other pages kept the Groundspeak logo. This would likely be fairly easy to implement, and would make a nice difference to help make bookmarks to this site better.

I know it probably seems unimportant, but details like this make a difference, and right now my geocaching.com bookmarks are a mess.

:rolleyes:

I have a lot of bookmarks (in my browser) for different geocaching.com pages. Like most cachers (I assume) I have bookmarks for cache pages, my travel bug pages, and for profile pages and search results. Right now, every single one of them has the same Groundspeak logo as the favicon for the page.

It would make things more user-friendly if the cache pages had the cache icon, travelbug pages had the travelbug icon and the other pages kept the Groundspeak logo. This would likely be fairly easy to implement, and would make a nice difference to help make bookmarks to this site better.

I know it probably seems unimportant, but details like this make a difference, and right now my geocaching.com bookmarks are a mess.

:(

I'd prefer them left the way they are.

If you want them changed on your PC, it's fairly simple. If you're using Firefox, and of course you should be, this extension will let you change your bookmark icons to whatever you want.

So, it is actually a good idea, since an extension for Firefox has been created . . . :(

I use Opera . . . but now you've got me looking around to see if that option is available already. Lots of great options, like Mouse Gestures, are already built in to Opera . . . B)

I do still think this is a simple change that could benefit all users of the site though.

Absolutely. It's much like the Groundspeak logo ... it uniquely identifies the pages as a Groundspeak source page instead of lumping it in with sites that use the same forum engine.

:(

Also, did you ever think of just creating separate folders for the different types of bookmarks? You can create a hierarchical structure in your bookmarks.

To-do list at Groundspeak...

1. Improve Site Performance.

2. Improve Site Performance.

3. Improve Site Performance.

4. Improve Site Performance.

5. Improve Site Performance.

6. Improve Site Performance.

7. Improve Site Performance.

8. Improve Site Performance.

9. Improve Site Performance.

10. Work on favicons.

Well, we can hope this is the to-do list. :(