Easy GPS symbols

KingofYoda

Hi

I'm somewhat new to geocaching, and I have downloaded easyGPS to my computer for it's obvious benefits. I love it, but there is one problem. When I download waypoints to easyGPS, it is very finicky in that it sometimes won't let me change the symbols from normal 'geocache' to 'geocache found'. I change it in the edit waypoint pop up that appears when I right click on the waypoint to change and push edit waypoint, and it even says that it's changed in that popup screen. But when I go back to the normal map screen/list of waypoints, the symbol still shows the normal 'geocache' symbol and says 'geocache' instead of 'geocache found'. Please help because I would really like to have all of my geocaches organized on my computer and also onto my GPS when I download the waypoints to it.

Have you looked into using Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) - it will do many of things you require easily - only $25.

Also look into getting your information downloaded to you via Pocket Queries as even EasyGPS will be correct when you open the file. Your finds will be separate from unfound.

Hi

I'm somewhat new to geocaching, and I have downloaded easyGPS to my computer for it's obvious benefits. I love it, but there is one problem. When I download waypoints to easyGPS, it is very finicky in that it sometimes won't let me change the symbols from normal 'geocache' to 'geocache found'. I change it in the edit waypoint pop up that appears when I right click on the waypoint to change and push edit waypoint, and it even says that it's changed in that popup screen. But when I go back to the normal map screen/list of waypoints, the symbol still shows the normal 'geocache' symbol and says 'geocache' instead of 'geocache found'. Please help because I would really like to have all of my geocaches organized on my computer and also onto my GPS when I download the waypoints to it.

If the "type" field is "Geocache" then the symbol will always show as a geocache no matter what the symbol setting is in the edit box. Change the name to something else (like "Geocache|found") and then you can change the symbol.