New York Hydrocaches

av8tors32

I'm not sure what the term Hydro caches means but if it's kayak/canoe caches, then this is a pretty full list of boat accessible caches: Long Island Kayak caches

If it means scuba, then there's only one on the island that requires diving. Atlantis

I dive, but I don't have a boat. This one is too far from shore for a shore dive and the last person who tried it by boat struck out. This things been underwater for 2 years so whether it's still findable is anyones guess.

Edited by macatac1961

I'm not sure what the term Hydro caches means but if it's kayak/canoe caches, then this is a pretty full list of boat accessible caches: Long Island Kayak caches

If it means scuba, then there's only one on the island that requires diving. Atlantis

I dive, but I don't have a boat. This one is too far from shore for a shore dive and the last person who tried it by boat struck out. This things been underwater for 2 years so whether it's still findable is anyones guess.

I have seen the Long Island Kayak Caches... more interested in ones that are located near the finger lakes area.

Feret...thanks for the list...

1. Know of any cache's in Senaca or Cayuga Lake that require a boat to get to?

2. Know of any near Thousand Islands?

As for no. 1, I doubt it. There are only two islands in the 11 finger lakes. Somehow, I know this information because of geocaching. But I ain't saying no more. :)

Edit, OK, I'll say more. One of the two Islands in the Finger Lakes is in Cayuga Lake, but there is no cache there. This is as close as you'll get.

This is not to say there are not hydrocaches in the Finger Lakes region, just none in the lakes themselves.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Knapp Time GCGG6P may not be on an island, but it is surrounded by private land. Everyone, but one cacher found it using a boat. The one cacher not to use a boat had to ask permission from a land owner to cross their property. All the roads leading to the cache area say "Private Property, Stay Out". Does bring up the question who owns the land the cache is on? The cacher owner doesn't say if they own it or not.

Knapp Time GCGG6P may not be on an island, but it is surrounded by private land. Everyone, but one cacher found it using a boat. The one cacher not to use a boat had to ask permission from a land owner to cross their property. All the roads leading to the cache area say "Private Property, Stay Out". Does bring up the question who owns the land the cache is on? The cacher owner doesn't say if they own it or not.

Very interesting cache. You think someone would say if it was their property. :rolleyes: Hey, I guess the OP could always drop the Kayak in one of the Finger Lakes, and hit caches up and down the coast.

Rather than give 3 seperate links, This user has three boat only caches in the Thousand Islands, but they're all in Canadian Waters. Still looking for others. I'm enjoying looking at the caches in an area I'm quite familiar with, but have not been to since I started geocaching almost 4 years ago :blink:

[EDIT] OK, I have 8 total boat only caches in the 1,000 Islands, (including one that's a multi and requires visits to multiple islands), and one scuba cache in 42 feet of water, but they're all in Canadian waters. So I won't link them unless the OP asks. Apparently, the American residents of the 1,000 Island region are much more interested in hiding micros (sorry, couldn't resist!!). Alexandria Bay is really quite cache deficient.

You could always be the FTF of This almost 3 year old alternative geocaching website virtual.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

There is a new Hydrocache out and FTF is still open. No boat is needed. I scoped the area out and have been thinking of a way to tackle it instead of jumping right in. Anyway if anyone is interested it is:

Hydrophobia GC12KN4

If anyone wants to team tackle it send me a note. I live less than a mile away from it .... with the cache maker - Ript2Shrds. I am sure he would love to tag along to laugh at us.

Miss-Keeto