Downloading into Palm Tungston E2

bigrevvv

I would like to go "paperless", but can't figure out how to download the cache pages into my Palm Tungston E2. Can someone give my clear, step by step instructions?

Thanks for the help.

bigrevvv in Lansing, MI

I purchased a program called CacheMate, downloaded it to my computer, then hotsynced it to my E2. Then use a program called GSAK to store your .gpx file, and there is a command under File on GSAK to 'Load ChacheMatelogs and finds.

Hope this helps. You will also get more Xpert advice also. There is probably an easier way that I don't know about.

John

sigh....

Putting 'Palm paperless directions' into the search box gives 16 pages of threads. The FAQs, the first place to start, yields this page.

The paperless method described in geocacher-u (the above link) can be a little cumbersome. I spent a day learning the various methods of paperless geocaching a few days ago and the Spinner-Plucker method is good but the GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) - Cachemate method is excellent. One thing I like about GSAK is that it sends data to both your PDA and to your GPS unit.

Heres how it goes..

1 I save the .gpx file from the pocket query (learning about pocket queries, while not difficult is another subject altogether)

2 then I open .gpx file in GSAK

3 use GSAK to send to Palm PDA (File>Export, etc)

4 sync the palm.

5 use GSAK to send the data to the Garmin.

Whole process takes me about 1 minute. So in short, you need CacheMate on your Palm and GSAK on your computer. Go from there.

Edited by Kuru