From U.S. to UK

On a previous trip to the UK, I dropped off a White Jeep TB in a cache outside of Edinburgh and found another cache or two during my stay. Although I'll again be helping chaperone a few dozen students, I try to venture out on a few caching expeditions in the early morning hours.

For the upcoming trip in July, I wanted to know if a Green Jeep TB would be intriguing to some, a Kentucky state geocoin, or some other geo-trinket unlikely to appear over there. As long as it's small, genuinely geocaching related, and relatively inexpensive, I'm open to suggestions.

In London, I'm often limited to micros, though I do know of at least one cache in Regents' Park that does a good job with TBs. I'm not asking for favorite caches to find. I've already got a long list that I'll never complete. I'll be spending some time in London, Stratford, Oxford, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews. Though chaperoning responsibilities take priority, I should be able to fit some caching in and some of the students may join me, though most prefer sleeping.

Edited by Teach2Learn

I think whatever you bring will be most welcome. It is always interesting to find something different as regards to trackables, the novelty of the new icon and so on. Jeeps are especially welcome of course!

How long will you be in London? Any free evenings or all taken up with minding your charges? Sometimes there is a bash in London when folk visit ... cue Lord Elph or Pharisee :unsure:

Good luck with your trip!

I think whatever you bring will be most welcome. It is always interesting to find something different as regards to trackables, the novelty of the new icon and so on. Jeeps are especially welcome of course!

Sounds like bringing a few Jeeps would be a good idea. I can probably collect a few green and white Jeep TBs, but the yellow ones are a bit tougher to find by now. I'll try to bring some geocoins as well.

If other possibilities come to mind, let me know. Being one of the two lead chaperones, I doubt I'll have a chance to attend a cache event, but thank you kindly for the suggestion.

On a previous trip to the UK, I dropped off a White Jeep TB in a cache outside of Edinburgh and found another cache or two during my stay. Although I'll again be helping chaperone a few dozen students, I try to venture out on a few caching expeditions in the early morning hours.

For the upcoming trip in July, I wanted to know if a Green Jeep TB would be intriguing to some, a Kentucky state geocoin, or some other geo-trinket unlikely to appear over there. As long as it's small, genuinely geocaching related, and relatively inexpensive, I'm open to suggestions.

In London, I'm often limited to micros, though I do know of at least one cache in Regents' Park that does a good job with TBs. I'm not asking for favorite caches to find. I've already got a long list that I'll never complete. I'll be spending some time in London, Stratford, Oxford, Edinburgh, and St. Andrews. Though chaperoning responsibilities take priority, I should be able to fit some caching in and some of the students may join me, though most prefer sleeping.

As long as you dont feel that it would be in bad taste, how about something (TB) from VA Tech just as an act of remberance and love! I think it would be great to spread something around like this and then when its found pehaps spend a few moments in quiet reflection before passing on. Just a thought!

just bring a bag full of trinkets - we all love em!

On another note - other things we love - Reece's Peanut Cups (which, thankfully we can buy here now) and Milk Duds would be fab ... shame they can't be left in a cache! Hey Ho!

The reeces cups we buy from Asda are the large ones they are OK but still not as nice as the little ones I don't think, and we have a good supply of watermelon wrigleys at the moment. :)

Promise not to bring Hersheys ;)

M :P