INACTIVE MEMBER --WHAT'S THAT?

When a geocacher's profile page lists the status as "Inactive Member" --what exactly does that mean? I've never seen it before. We noticed this on an established account that also owns two sock puppet accounts that are listed as "Banned Member"--that one we understand...

I've only seen this designation dropped on one other member, off the top of my head. Example This user placed some of the oldest caches in my area (don't go by the hides in their profile, some have been adopted out). In this case, it was someone who had a few caches out there, who didn't respond to emails, and I'm guessing the inactive designation was ultimately handed down by TPTB, after complaints about the caches.

They ban sock puppet accounts, eh? What do they have against sock puppets? We sock puppets need to organize to fight this unjust discrimination! We'll take this one all the way to the Supreme Court!

No need to go Postal on this. You're safe as long as you're a good boy, I think. These sock puppet accounts were banned because they were muggling/pirating caches or putting feces in the containers and bragging about it on the cache pages...

Keystone and I are the Geocaching.com Supreme Court. Feel free to file your papers. :unsure:

I think a you get the inactive member designation if you have a bad e-mail address and e-mails are bounced back.

That yields an "invalid member", so I am not sure what an inactive member would be.

I think a you get the inactive member designation if you have a bad e-mail address and e-mails are bounced back.
That yields an "invalid member", so I am not sure what an inactive member would be.
It usually pays to read the rest of the thread before posting.
I'm not sure. Both may be true.

If the initial email to validate the account bounces, I think you might be tagged as 'Invalid'.

After the account has been validated, if emails bounce, the account may be tagged as 'Inactive'.

It usually pays to read the rest of the thread before posting.
I'm not sure. Both may be true.

If the initial email to validate the account bounces, I think you might be tagged as 'Invalid'.

After the account has been validated, if emails bounce, the account may be tagged as 'Inactive'.

sbell111, I bet you are right. That is the most plausible explanation.

Cardinal Red, I am not sure who the smarmy remark was directed at, but it could have been phrased better. ;)