Looking for a hand-out!

Rockin Roddy

Hello all...

This is a shameless attempt to get a few prizes for our upcoming event "Lazy Hayes Days" GC10ZVM May 18th-20th! Any coins or other items would really be appreciated, if you would like to donate, please email or pm me! I have a few pair of my personal coins already set aside, a Tommy Trojan that I traded for, a Civil War coin (THANKS!!) and a few of my "extra" coins that will go in as well! ALSO...I'm planning on using one of those Anthus Laptop sets that I ordered as a prize (YEAH!!!!!) and we have had a coin made for this event (which I'll be showing off soon!!!) of which I'll be donating a few sets!!! :) Speaking of the event coins, I should have some for sale soon, waiting for them to arrive!!

I know I haven't been around here long and have not made a bunch of friends, I'm hoping the generosity I have witnessed during Christams (and really every day!!) will come through! Prizes will be placed on the prize table or possibly be used as FTF prizes for the event caches!! I am paying for most everything involved with the event, so any help with prizes would truly be appreciated!

As I am working on a few projects, I would likely be able to (and more than happy to) repay this favor in kind in the future!!

THANKS for looking!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

That's GREAT HWS!!! Email on it's way!!

For others...although there are currently only a few reservations, there are 26 watching the event page! I am expecting there to be around 75-100 cachers coming out to enjoy the weekend with us, either for the weekend or just daytrippers!! We'll be supplying a nice ribs dinner for Saturday evening and there may even be some live entertainment!

The event is May 18th-20th!!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Email sent. :) Have fun at the event.

Hello all...

This is a shameless attempt to get a few prizes for our upcoming event "Lazy Hayes Days" GC10ZVM May 18th-20th! Any coins or other items would really be appreciated, if you would like to donate, please email or pm me! I have a few pair of my personal coins already set aside, a Tommy Trojan that I traded for, a Civil War coin (THANKS!!) and a few of my "extra" coins that will go in as well! ALSO...I'm planning on using one of those Anthus Laptop sets that I ordered as a prize (YEAH!!!!!) and we have had a coin made for this event (which I'll be showing off soon!!!) of which I'll be donating a few sets!!! :) Speaking of the event coins, I should have some for sale soon, waiting for them to arrive!!

I know I haven't been around here long and have not made a bunch of friends, I'm hoping the generosity I have witnessed during Christams (and really every day!!) will come through! Prizes will be placed on the prize table or possibly be used as FTF prizes for the event caches!! I am paying for most everything involved with the event, so any help with prizes would truly be appreciated!

As I am working on a few projects, I would likely be able to (and more than happy to) repay this favor in kind in the future!!

THANKS for looking!!

THANKS everyone for the replies!! I've sent my address to all that have contacted me so far, if the email didn't get through (have been having probs with the stupid email system lately ;) ), please let me know!

I sort of made the title look bad with the "hand out" comment...not really a hand out as a hand UP! I do have my personal coins, it just would have been bad to have a bunch of my coins for prizes (and I've given them out or traded with most around here already :blink: ). I don't buy a lot of duplicate coins as the money situation is bleak as it is, so I only had a few coins I could donate (I activate most of my coins...love the icons!)! I am hoping to get the Anthus Laptop coins in time for the event, one of the sets would be a great prize!

Much of our efforts thus far to acquire donations has been met with deaf ears. Places I had hoped would help out have changed their policies when it comes to donations, and the "mom and pop" stores around here are in poor shape as to the economy situation. :o While I thought things were really starting to look bad, I thought maybe I'd ask you, the forums for a bit of help....YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :o The help so far (and so fast!!) has been very much appreciated! I'll have to think about doing something bigger for Christmas this year!! I do have a couple coins in the planning stage.....

THANKS!!

edit for spelling as usual!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

That's GREAT HWS!!! Email on it's way!!

For others...although there are currently only a few reservations, there are 26 watching the event page! I am expecting there to be around 75-100 cachers coming out to enjoy the weekend with us, either for the weekend or just daytrippers!! We'll be supplying a nice ribs dinner for Saturday evening and there may even be some live entertainment!

The event is May 18th-20th!!!

Are you interested in Pathtags, I would donate a few is you send me an address. :blink:

Much of our efforts thus far to acquire donations has been met with deaf ears. Places I had hoped would help out have changed their policies when it comes to donations, and the "mom and pop" stores around here are in poor shape as to the economy situation.

Send me your address and I'll be glad to help out. Everyone was so helpful when I asked. And keep pounding the pavement. We did fairly well around our small area. It just takes walking in and asking nicely. But be sure to have a formal request on paper with you. If you need an example, take a look at my profile page. We submitted a formal request plus had a couple of pages on Geocaching information. And even if they said no, we invited them to the event :blink:

Again...thanks to all that have replied thus far!! Very warm and generous response from all!! It's starting to look like the event will have some great prizes after all!! Also, thanks for the suggestions, I will be following up on a few of those TODAY!!

You people have shown me that the forums have some very nice and caring people in here!! I just hope to be able to return the favor in spades soon!

In the mail today....Joe Sixpack in gold and silver...THANKS Pennypacker!!! Also, A Geocoin Club coin and pathtag...THANKS Toojin & Bart!! Wow...the generous people here in the forums truly floors me!

THANKS ALL!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! What a caring group!

ALSO... Anthus has VERY kindly donated the set of LE Laptops I was purchasing....THANKS STACY!!!

Hello all...

This is a shameless attempt to get a few prizes for our upcoming event "Lazy Hayes Days" GC10ZVM May 18th-20th!

Hey Rockin Roddy!

Just went through the same thing with our areas first event. Had generous donations from geocachers here and just about everybody who attended got something. I was even able to hold back a few geocoins to give out at our next event. [:)] I don't have geocoins, but have another way to give back . . .

I'd be happy to help you out with a couple of Preform Micro 'Cache Ready To Go' containers. Preforms are like heavy walled, plastic test tubes, with screw-on caps. They are what plastic soda bottles start out life as. I'll drop you a couple with log sheets and pencils included. E-mail me your address and remind me why you're sending it. :laughing:

JohnTee

I'd like to thank everyone that has donated so far...a special THANKS to you VERY generous guys...Glenn, Steve...THANKS!!! With everyone's help, this will be a great event! I got word that they will be making the announcement of the deal between MiGO and the MI-DNR at our event...WOW...an honor! That means we'll have some important people from the DNR coming out to join the fun!

THANKS JohnTee...got those preforms yesterday! GREAT!