The GAGA Geocoin

the4defaus

The GAGA.gif Geocoin...

The coin is a HEAVY 2-inch copper coin and represents the Greater Abilene Geocachers Association (GAGA) in Abilene, TX. GAGA has been around since 22 Jan 2005 and currently has over 100 members that geocache in the unique conditions of West Texas... which is outlined on the back of the coin. I apologize for the picture, it is not the best.

GAGA-Copper-Web-2.jpg

• Metal: Copper
  • Size: 2-inches (a heavy coin)
  • Trackable: YES
  • Own Icon: YES
    GAGA.gif
  • Minted by: CoinsAndPins.com

The small text says:

• Driving over 50 miles to have...

Rusty barbed wire ripping through your clothes...

Curious rattlesnakes that come out of nowhere...

Itchy mosquito bites on every inch of your body...

A 40 mph wind gust blowing sand into your ears, nose and mouth...

Cactus needles getting stuck deep in your hands, arms and legs...

Thorny Mesquite trees scratching you up from head to toe...

Some or all of these things on a hike through 101° heat...

To sign your name and trade a toy...

SOUND LIKE FUN TO YOU?

It does to me. I'm a Geocacher in West Texas!

Available for $10+s/h only at GAGA's Geocoin Sales

The Amigos are members of GAGA, and that little comment about the cactus stuck deep down in your hand, well............!!!! Let me tell you, it wasn't fun when it happened, and it wasn't fun when I had to have surgery to remove it!! The adversities that we meet when caching in West Texas can be daunting, but they make the hunt so much more fun!! lol Trying to figure out how to retrieve some of these caches, you almost need to be "Bewitched" and wiggle your nose, so they will come to you!!

This is an awesome coin. Steve did a lot of work on it. It is heavy, and it's just too cute!!! Thanks, Steve!!!

O.k., since we did a CITO event yesterday, April 14, when the weather in West Texas should be in the mid 70's to low 80's, and it was 38 with a wind chill factor of 30 because of gusts upwards of 30mph, and GAGA chose to adopt a park next to the LAKE, so the wind chill was a LOT lower with the wind blowing off the water, maybe we should have said something about ever-changing weather, instead of just 100 degree weather!! lol :laughing:

Still an awesome coin, still some available!! :laughing:

O.k., since we did a CITO event yesterday, April 14, when the weather in West Texas should be in the mid 70's to low 80's, and it was 38 with a wind chill factor of 30 because of gusts upwards of 30mph, and GAGA chose to adopt a park next to the LAKE, so the wind chill was a LOT lower with the wind blowing off the water, maybe we should have said something about ever-changing weather, instead of just 100 degree weather!! lol :laughing:

Still an awesome coin, still some available!! :laughing: