Zire 21 for paperless caching

I have 3 of these for sale. Price is $42 shipped each or $108 for all 3. I accept PayPal, or Postal money orders.

Alaska, Hawaii, and Canadian add $4 (sorry!)

Each comes with a wall charger, USB sync/charging cable, and an "El Cheapo" stylus. PDAs show some minor wear, but no screen scratches or major scuffs.

Hardware Specifications:

Processor: 126 MHz TI OMAP 311 ARM processor

Operating System: Palm OS® Software v5.2.1

Memory: 8MB (7.2MB actual storage capacity)

Display: 160x160 pixel display, 4-bit grayscale

Interface: Mini USB (for HotSync® operation), Infrared

Dimensions and Weight: 4.4" x 2.9" x 0.6" / 3.8 oz

Power: 120VAC, 60Hz

Battery: Rechargeable lithium ion battery (internal, non user removable)

Expansion: None

Hi TheBattons,

I understand you work on these units a bit . . . I was wondering if we might work something out, for one of these or another . . .

I have a Handspring Visor Platinum that I was going to turn into my Paperless Machine. Tuck my Tungsten e2 away for work, etc. and not endanger it out in the wild. [;)] Turns out my son has inadvertantly broken the digitizer screen on the Handspring. LCD works fine below it, but unable to input to it.

Would you . . .

Have a digitzer screen for this Handspring at an affordable price?

Have something like a Palm Z22 (I've seen one of these, how does the Z21 compare?) you might trade for my Handspring with a little boot?

Thanks!

JohnTee

Hi TheBattons,

I understand you work on these units a bit . . . I was wondering if we might work something out, for one of these or another . . .

I have a Handspring Visor Platinum that I was going to turn into my Paperless Machine. Tuck my Tungsten e2 away for work, etc. and not endanger it out in the wild. [;)] Turns out my son has inadvertantly broken the digitizer screen on the Handspring. LCD works fine below it, but unable to input to it.

Would you . . .

Have a digitzer screen for this Handspring at an affordable price?

Have something like a Palm Z22 (I've seen one of these, how does the Z21 compare?) you might trade for my Handspring with a little boot?

Thanks!

JohnTee

PM sent

Hello! do you still have one avail? how does this compare to the palmspring visor? trust me, i know nothing about them. how do you do caches with a pda?

I have one left that was being held for someone that has failed to send payment in a timely manner, so yes, I have one available.

Do you mean Handsping Visor? The Zire 21 is faster (126mghz vs 33), newer OS ( v5.2.1 vs v3.5), offers a rechargeable batter vs AAA batteries, but has about the same screen size and both are greyscale (black and white).

As to how you cache with them, a PDA is used to replace all of the sheets of cache information that we print out before going on a caching excursion. This model has 8 megs or ram, enough to hold several thousand cache pages. Try printing out 2000 cache pages and sort through them!

In order to use them effectively for caching, you'll need some software. There are a few ways to do it, and various programs as well. I prefer CacheMate, as it allows for many handy options while in the field, such as nearest cache to the <insert any compass direction>. Say you are heading north, and want to only find caches to the north of the current cache or your current coordinates. It offers a search to do just that! Sweetness!

Anyhoo, hope that answers some of your questions...

Cheers!

Darrell of "TheBattons"

thats awesome! i am really interested in purchasing it from you. Please email me so we can make arrangements and some more details, like location accuracy and warm up time. and how much do these programs cost to run it.. thanks a bunch!

thats awesome! i am really interested in purchasing it from you. Please email me so we can make arrangements and some more details, like location accuracy and warm up time. and how much do these programs cost to run it.. thanks a bunch!

It's an electronic notebook, it does not have any GPS capabilities, so there is no "location accuracy" or "warm up time". It's a very basic, instant-on pocket computer that allows you to load cache pages for reference in place of printing out pages that waste paper and kill trees.

I am interested in buying one. Any still available? What is the price. I just want something that I can download the cache pages too and take with me so I don't have to print all those pages. This thing does that right?

I have one left, it is $42 shipped. This works perfectly for downloading cache pages.

I am interested in buying one. Any still available? What is the price. I just want something that I can download the cache pages too and take with me so I don't have to print all those pages. This thing does that right?

I have one left, it is $42 shipped. This works perfectly for downloading cache pages.

Is this one still available?

Not that exact one, but I have one just like it.

Drop me a line if you are interested in it.

TheBattons

Edited by TheBattons

Not that exact one, but I have one just like it.

Drop me a line if you are interested in it.

TheBattons

Did you get my PM?