Travel bugs

Anndean

I retrieved a travel bug "Happy New Year" and properly recorded it as such.

It shows up as a log item in my account information.

My problem is showing where I place it.

Today I placed it in a local cache, but it is not on the list at the bottom of travel bugs I have .

Shouldn't it be on the list of travel bugs when I record a find?

Two of my previously found travel bugs are listed, but not the one I just retrieved & placed (Happy New Year).

Am I doing something wrong here. :smile:

If there is another way of showing where I placed it I would do that, but I cannot find it.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

I was wondering if there was a way to log a travel bug as just visiting a cache on the way to its final destination. The reason I am asking is that I am heading out west and then I will be heading south. I would like to log the TB's I am bringing before I head south so that they can get credit for the distance travelled. Can anyone give me some guidance?

I have done that. I took some Travel Bugs with me on a long road trip and logged them in and out of some caches along the route before finally dropping them in the distant location.

Doing that at least let the owner know the bug was moving along. When someone did that with my first travel bug, I appreciated it. It was fun to see where it got to go. :(