Harvestfest and 1701eh

knitter

We're starting to plan for this year's Harvestfest event, and have had some talk from various people that we should change a few things due to last year's accident. Hamgran and I have a difference of opinion on some of these things, so we're throwing the gauntlet down to other cachers for opinions. And please - we seriously want any and all opinions on this subject as we don't want to go through the work of plannng the event and have only half a dozen people show up due to being uncomfortable with the date/time/venue/location/memories.

So - what do you think? If we plan it, will you come? Why or why not?

The last Harvestfest brought some bad memories. It also brought many good memories. Future Harvestfests won't bring any more bad memories than any other event at which 1701eh isn't to be found. Harvestfest has very rapidly become one of the highlights of the year for Geocaching in Ontario, and I'm all for continuing it. Assuming it doesn't conflict with any other events, I'll be looking forward to attending another Harvestfest.

Hi, I'd like to attend. What kind of even is this? When is the next 24hour event? I'm new to all this geocaching stuff. I usually cache alone, which isn't too fun. I'd like to try it in a group. Is there a web site for these events?

Thanks,

Brain21

The 24 Hour Marathon, which is August 18-19 has it's own forum topic - Click here for the 24 Hour Topic

To find more events, monitor the Geocaching.com Event Calendar.

I will attend. HamGran and Knitter have been extremely sensitive in the past, with Julie's death and family, and there is no reason to believe that they will do otherwise with Tony's friends and all who knew him. It is one more chance to remember him with fondness, raise a glass in his honour and make some new friends, all the while doing something we love, caching and enjoying each others' company. HamGran and knitter, can I encourage you to host HarvestFest 2007?