Warning: If you get superglue on your finger, don't lick it off

I've just spent most of the afternoon making lots of different little nano caches, trying new ideas, etc. Several of the caches involved magnets and very strong superglue.

It was all going well until I got some glue on my finger. For some reason, I automatically then put it straight in my mouth. Obviously, my finger got well and truly stuck to my tongue and the only way I could remove it was to gargle very hot water. :o

You'd think I would learn from my mistakes, but no - the next time I dripped glue on my hand, I wiped it on my sleeve. Guess what happened? :D

Finally, I stood up to look for a little log book I'd made and lost. Nope, couldn't find it. Half an hour later, my mum asked what I had stuck to my trousers. Yep, you guessed, it was the log book. :)

I've just come back from hiding some of the containers, hopefully people will like them and it will have been worth the effort and the clothing expense. :laughing:

i sympathise as today i decided to remove signal the frog :laughing: from my car ariel as he was putting a dent in the roof over 80 mph (not that i would know) and in the process of glueing him to my dash board managed to get him stuck to my finger and had to go to the local valeters (with frog attached :o ) :D:) to get some tar and glue remover so i could stick him to my dash , is it national super gluper day today ?

i am sure your caches will be fine ,

ohhh here is a idea for your next cach put some of that non setting but extra sticky glue on the out side of the container and see how many cachers you can collect roll on cacher of the month as you will clearly win as no one else will be able to enter as they will be stuck to your cache

happy caching craig

... but would you believe how few magnetic things there are in Swanage? Armed with all these magnetic nanos, I walked miles, only to find that all the railings, signs, seats, etc. seem to be made from aluminium. :laughing:

Ah, but there are ways around that and so Gaffer Tape with a magnet in was invented :o (must get round to fixing that one that I thought was magnetic and wasn't)

Doh, good suggestion Team Phoebe - I didn't think of that! In one places we tried all sorts of things, including suspending it from fishing line, wedging it with rocks, etc., and we eventually gave up and put it somewhere else.

So - I have lots of glue related incidents, overlook the blindingly obvious, and also I forgot to mention that I lost my camera lens cap this morning, only to find that I'd left it in one of my own caches when doing a maintenance check. Not having a good day common-sense wise. You wouldn't believe I'm a MENSA member, would you? My IQ today = 12.

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Hmmm... and I thought I was the only one dim enough to do that....

Last week I had to re superglue my hands free kit to my dash, and I managed to gloop super glue all over my dash... I wiped it up sucessfully with some kitchen roll... but then realised I had kitchen roll stuck fast to my fingers.... :o

hmmm .... and I never admitted that to anyone before tonight - what is this? Super glue anonymous?? :laughing:

Wonder if we'll get residue glue on us today ! :o

Our intended work on the garden shed went for a burton five minutes ago when we found something nicer to do via Mr Groundspeak . :(

Erm... great that you're going to look for them, but... Don't know if I'm too late, but problem no. 4 yesterday was that I realised I had entered some of the co-ord's wrongly - did you work it out? :blink:

... but would you believe how few magnetic things there are in Swanage? Armed with all these magnetic nanos, I walked miles, only to find that all the railings, signs, seats, etc. seem to be made from aluminium. :blink:

All the nuts and bolts and rivets were aluminium as well ?? thats really really unusual :o

... but would you believe how few magnetic things there are in Swanage? Armed with all these magnetic nanos, I walked miles, only to find that all the railings, signs, seats, etc. seem to be made from aluminium. :o

All the nuts and bolts and rivets were aluminium as well ?? thats really really unusual :(

We were trying to put it on some railings. The only magnetic bit we could find were the bolts that secured them to the ground, and it would have stuck out like a sore thumb there (my thumb's sore actually, been trying to peel the glue off :blink: ).

Had I thought of taping a magnet to it, that would have solved the problem. Never mind, I think we found a better place anyway.

Never mind, I think we found a better place anyway.

Really.... ? What could be better than a nice, interesting piece of railing to visit? :P

Ha! How do you know? It could be the world's only railing made from pure diamond, or it could be adjacent to a recently discovered perfect fossil showing the missing link in human evolution! :(

Actually it's not. :blink: It's, erm, just sort of next to some steps. B)

:o There are daffodils though, and the railings are a nice pretty blue colour! :D

Never mind, I think we found a better place anyway.

Really.... ? What could be better than a nice, interesting piece of railing to visit? :blink:

Ooh, I found some railings like this the other week (no points for guessing the cache)

railings1.jpg

railings2.jpg

Very arty to me and well deserving of a cache.

Edited by Team Phoebe

That would be the 'Arty Railings' cache in Bournemouth, yes? We liked that one, in fact that gave us the idea for one of our micros.

Okay, point taken, my railings are boring. But there is a nice view from them, it's not like they're in the middle of a car park or anything.

(Uh-oh, I see another debate about the merits / problems with micros looming on the horizon if we're not careful :blink: )

Yes..I too am a victim of over zealous super gluing. Currently typing this with dried super glue covering my hands.

Without giving too much away I glued my cache together using a whole tube of super glue only to drop it on the kitchen floor. SMASH!! I picked up the pieces before they stuck firmly to the tiles and promptly stacked them carefully on the side. Then put my hand down on the side, not a good idea! Prised my hand from the side and began my cache making again. Glue dripped between my index and midle finger yet I still carried on in my pursuit for a masterpiece!

So is it all worth it..I guess the logs will tell!

Sarah :lol: