SIGNATURE COINS

mr2medic

I was just wondering if anyone ever thought of using personalized challenge coins, similar to what the military likes to use. I was thinking about this because some of the companies will give you the dies used to make the coin. if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative please let me know.

I was just wondering if anyone ever thought of using personalized challenge coins, similar to what the military likes to use. I was thinking about this because some of the companies will give you the dies used to make the coin. if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative please let me know.

That is what a geocoin is. I see you are new here so will go easy. But there are hundreds of these some trackable and some non-tracable. See pinned thread at top.

As for the dies, you could probibly get them but what would you use them for?

Do a geocoin search on Ebay and you'll see the large variety of coin types out there. Granted that what you see today won't reflect what was there last month or even next month but you'll get the idea of the personal nature of what inspires geocachers to make coins.

As for the dies.... you'll probably need a 20ton press to make your own coins.

WOW I didn't realize that there was over 3000 coins listed.

Yeah, even if you don't count the different metals of the same coin -- it's a heck of a lot of coins :anibad: . And new ones every day.

Windrose

There are a handful of coins on that list that are duplicates as well... so coupled with the multiple metal versions there count isn't totally accurate, but 3000 is probably an as good as you could probably get. there are also a hand full of coins that aren't on the list. I've got a couple I need to scan to get added.

Edited by Jake - Team A.I.