Geocoin Donations?

Goudacat

Okay, I have been putting this off for a month now and if I wait any longer it will be too late.

The Humane Society of Central Oregon has a geocoin coming out. It will be set up the same as the York County Humane Society coins that Parrolet had. (Oakcoins sells 150 on their website and the shelter sells 100. All proceed from the sale of the 100 go to the shelter.) The shelter will be selling most online, but would also like to sell some to local cachers. In order to promote local sales, the shelter will be holding a geocaching silent auction on 4/28/07.

We will be hitting up local retailers for items to auction off. In addition, I will be donating at least 15 geocoins from my collection to the auction.

If anybody would like to donate their personal coin to the auction please e-mail me.

All donors will have their geocaching name displayed prominantly with the donation and I can send you a receipt for donation.

(For those interested in buying the HSCO geocoin, I will post a thread as soon as they are available. They will be satin gold. This link has the artwork for the coin: http://www.goudacat.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page4.html)

Thank you in advance to anybody intersted in donating,

Goudacat

Thanks to everyone who donated coins to the shelter for the silent auction today:

Tank Hounds,

Pennypacker,

GBots,

Grimlock, and

CrazyCaveLover.

I ran the numbers before I left this evening and I think that we raised $589 dollars with the silent auction.

The money from the silent auction is earmarked to replace food that had to be disposed of because of the recent recalls.

That, along with the $1080 (minus shipping) raised from the HSCO geocoin sales made this a pretty successful little fundraiser.

The HSCO geocoins sold out quickly and unfortunetly some people missed out. I will contact Oakcoins to see if they are interested in minting more and post any updates in the forums.

We had lots of fun!!!

THANK YOU