Norman Geocoin

Northbound

Hello!

A big thanks to everyone who has pre-ordered Norman (Northern Manitoba) geocoins.

We are at almost 75% of the MBGA and Slippery_1's pre-sell goal!

The coins will be 50mm x 28mm in size (the shape of the province of Manitoba)

-Geocaching.com trackable

-Custom gocaching.com icon (We will post the icon in the near future)

-170 gold plated Limited edition coins. :anitongue:

-Regular edition silver plated coins also available.

* * * Limited edition coins are still available for pre-order! * * *

(There have been some pre-commitments that did not pan out)

Coin costs are $10.00cdn (aprox. $8.85us). Proceeds from the sale support the Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA)

You can place your order for the LE and Regular edition coins at www.northboundtradingcompany.com

Thanks again for your support !

..Northbound

Any update on these???

Been waiting a long time now......

I am so happy someone asked this question,

I have some more news and it is good, Northbound reports in an email to me he has recieved corrispondence from the factory and we should be seeing some action very soon.

Here is the email I got today,

"Due to all the questions and concerns we had with the Norman Coin, the factory has done up a couple of samples for us. They are schedule to be here today. As soon as I get them I’ll scan them or take pictures and email them to you.

I’m happy they are doing this, and in the same breath told them we have to start shipping the coins no later than May 14th."

I personaly want to thank everyone for thier continued patience it is without a doubt you have displayed a level of understanding second to non.

Which has been why we have only wanted a quality coin sent you the purchaser.

Thank you again I will update as soon as I hear something and hope it is very soon.

Hi all. As it stands now, we are expecting to receive the coins at the end of next week.

This is a far stretch from what we originally intended. Many of you have paid for your coins as early as March and we sincerely appreciate your support, as this geocoin would not have been possible without the pre-orders. I am very sorry with the delays.

We have been working closely with the factory with many ideas on how to best make the “Norman Geocachers” on the front of the coin stand out. This added approximately 3 weeks onto the timeline. Due to all of the ideas and resulting revisions, our factory took it upon themselves to make a couple of sample coins for us. From a quality standard this was a great idea, but added another couple weeks delay to the final product.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private email.

All the Best,

..Northbound

Update:

The Norman Geocoins were received late on May 24th. We were able to process and ship the first 22 orders this morning (May 25th).

We will be processing and shipping the remaining orders over the weekend.

I am sorry the process has taken so long, and thank everybody for their patience.

Happy Caching,

..Northbound

Hey everyone,

as Northbound has reported, the coins have now started to be shipped. There are still some regular coins left to be sold, but are going fast, so if you want in on this coin, go to Northbound Trading Company and make your order there.

I want to thank everyone personaly for your continued patience and support. Remember there where only 300 of these coins minted, all are trackable. Once gone there will be "NO" more minted of this.

Edited by slippery_1

I knew from the start of the design, through the production this idea was going to be a hit.

It is without a doubt, without Northbound's guidience (and wifes) this coin would never have made it to everyones hand/s.

I got my coins today as well, and again in person these are without a doubt a great looking coin, well made, nice simple design.

I am sorry, but I think my most favorite coins the Alaskian Silvers have now been placed in second place to my favorite coins ...sorry

Thanks NB for all you great help...