Are there something wrong with me ?

deafnut

I am very sorry about "got free geocoin " i want to sorry to TO ALL GEOCACHER. It my falut . i need to cool this off my head . my fmaily don't like play geocaching and even my young brother but i like it . My mom label me Think Get prize Money . I say No .... i try to lost some weight on me and have fun .but my mother was right . if you about to send me geocoin or knew who will send me geocoin . I would like to stop that and let me give a try to buy my own . I try ti to treat other as same as all world. ALl i need Get earn your recpet. PLease email me or chat with me about geocaching . and i will go to two event geocaching 201 and CITO too but want to make more frined in low 48 state so please make this have fun and Thank you

:rolleyes: Thank you for everthing i ask . now your turn to let me say Thank you :rolleyes:

Deafhunt -

NO there is nothign wrong with you. I think you are just excited about geocachng and should be. It is a fun and rewarding sport and game. I also believe you are trying too hard to please others and are moving to fast. You are in the right topic here <Getting Started>. I would offer this advice:

Slow down, and forget about coins for right now in my humble opinion. The coins will come as you gain knowledge and experience in the field. You have one coin right now to show and inspire others to maybe get involved which is kewl but you try to hard. Get out in the field and find some more geocaches it is good practice and gives you experience you can then share with others. Finding just 1 cache is not enough. That is the best way to get the experience and knowledge you obviously want so bad. Go to events to get to know others in your area who might be interested in going out with you to find caches or ask questions. This will build your credibility within the geocaching community that you are indeed serious about this sport. Maybe hide a cache or two for others in your area to locate. It is fun to read the logs of people that find your cache. Again this would build your credibility and demonstrate that you are serious about this. I am not trying to get down on you, I am just trying to keep it real with you. Please do not take offense to any of this as that is not my intent.

Does your GPS unit confuse you? Is that why you only have 1 cache? If this is the case I am confident that there is someone on GC.com that is from your area that can help you out with that if that is the problem. Or take the issue to a local event and ask someone there to help you I know someone would be more than happy to help you out. But anyway to answer your question again no there is nothing wrong with you, you just need to get out and get some experience is all.

Peace

jAY miLLS

There is nothing wrong with you. Well maybe you should read the forum guidelines a little more throughly and make sure you are posting in the proper forum, but there is really no need to apologize for anything. You haven't done anything wrong. In fact I think some of us may owe you an apology judging from some of the responses I've seen to your posts.

Welcome to geocaching and to the forums. Don't mind those who give you a hard time here. There are a lot of great folk here who are always willing to be helpful.

Now being that this is the Getting Started forum and your post is not a getting started issue, I'm closing it. Just make sure you are using the appropriate forum for your posts in the future and you'll be fine.