Garmin 60CSx question

I have an Etrex Cx and a 60CSx. On the Etrex, when I navigate to "find" and "geocaches" then select the cache, I get an overview of the cache, I then hit "Go to" and it brings me to a compass. I really like this feature. When I do the same on the 60CSx and I hit "Go to", it brings me to the map view.

The question is, how do I change this setting to bring me to the compass instead of the map.

Also, occasionally, ALL of my geocaches will disappear from the screen. I can't load any more until I "delete" the empty directory. Anyone else have this happen?

I have an Etrex Cx and a 60CSx. On the Etrex, when I navigate to "find" and "geocaches" then select the cache, I get an overview of the cache, I then hit "Go to" and it brings me to a compass. I really like this feature. When I do the same on the 60CSx and I hit "Go to", it brings me to the map view.

The question is, how do I change this setting to bring me to the compass instead of the map.

Also, occasionally, ALL of my geocaches will disappear from the screen. I can't load any more until I "delete" the empty directory. Anyone else have this happen?

That paging behavior can't be changed.

It's now working properly.....I deleted empty directory, and reloaded with 950 waypoints.....when I looked for a cache and clicked "go to" it goes to the compass. I didn't do anything but reload the waypoints.....weird!

It's now working properly.....I deleted empty directory, and reloaded with 950 waypoints.....when I looked for a cache and clicked "go to" it goes to the compass. I didn't do anything but reload the waypoints.....weird!

It's working that way because you've set it to always default to the Off Road mode. Since the 60CSx is an auto-routing unit, that's not the way most people want to have the unit set up. They want to use Follow Road until they get close to the cache, then switch to Off Road.

And I have no idea what you mean by "deleting an empty directory". If you talking about the memory card, that has nothing to do with this issue.

Edited by Prime Suspect

And I have no idea what you mean by "deleting an empty directory". If you talking about the memory card, that has nothing to do with this issue.

Occasionally, (maybe once or twice in the last two months) all of the waypoints will disappear from the screen. I will hook it up to the computer, and upload the same waypoints that were on there in the first place.....and GSAK will tell me that there is not enough room to upload. At that point, I delete the "empty" directory and upload again and everything is fine again. Weird, huh?

I'm having similar problems with my 60CSx as well. On my old man's 60C, if I selected a Geocache point, it would go straight to the compass screen and would have the found buttons, etc along the bottom. On my unit, however, using the find button to find a geocache takes me straight to the map screen as well. I can live with the unit defaulting to map mode, but I'd REALLY like to note the cache as "found" by using the button on the compass screen, rather than taking the long way around and selecting the geocache point, hitting menu, then changing the geocache icon manually.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here? And before you post, yes, I tried the exact same thing that was posted above, to no avail.