Suggestions for a nano please

I don't know why, but I have bought one of those "nano" cache containers to hide. Personally, I hate 'em, I thought it was a good idea at the time, but now I am looking for ideas for a good place to put it. It's not magnetic, it's silver, about an inch long, hollow with a screw top and a ring to attach to string or something. All useful suggestions welcomed.

I don't know why, but I have bought one of those "nano" cache containers to hide. Personally, I hate 'em, I thought it was a good idea at the time, but now I am looking for ideas for a good place to put it. It's not magnetic, it's silver, about an inch long, hollow with a screw top and a ring to attach to string or something. All useful suggestions welcomed.

Throw it away! :(:ph34r::ph34r:

Throw it away! :(:ph34r::ph34r:

I just wondered how long it would take someone to come up with that one! :(

So now that's out of the way, sensible suggestions please.

You call an inch long cache a nano? Round these parts, that's a standard micro! :(

The possibilties for these are endless. Think of any object that may be found at a location you are considering. Then either modify said object to fit the cache or make a disguise for the cache to fit into.

Pinecones, branches, rocks, squirrels (go for the disguise rather than the modification with this one! :ph34r: ), bricks, bolts, mushrooms, etc.

There are many places to dangle such caches as well.

:ph34r:

edited fer bad speeling

Edited by team moxiepup

We call those micros here. A nano is more like the little magnetic button type.

I have one such as you describe (usually referred to as a Bison tube) stuck inside of a large oak gall. I have a very tiny hook in the branch of an oak tree and the little ring of the tube is hung on that. It looks just like an ordinary oak gall hanging off the branch of an oak tree.

Sounds like a dog tag container. I like CR's suggestion, fill a ammo can with cement and stick the tube in the top while its wet. Boy that would irk some folks. anyways just be creative and use it in a significant area. Micros in my opiniom are all about the area they are hidden in.

I got a few of those: I gorilla glued a magnet to the side of it painted flat black (or any color you want) and bingo got a nice lil magnetic stash. I also camo'd a couple to hang in pine trees and such with a piece of wire (also camo'd) like a christmas ornament. Can make pretty evil hides in the right place depending on how much of a clue you want to give away.

what you have is a bison tube.

I found one recently. The hider had found a branch about the thickness of your leg which had a hollow in the end. He put it in the hollow and fashioned a wooden 'plug' to keep it in and disguise it. Placement is key, you have to put it somewhere where it won't be gathered up for firewood or play, and where there isn't much else around to search, otherwise it would be too cruel.

I have one hidden under a guywire skirt (the plastic thing that protects a guy-wire that stabilizes a phone pole). It's near a really neat OOP. They are actually quite versatile. Start looking at telephone poles...