Is Garmin going to update Geocaching Capabilities?

It would seem that the latest update to Mapsource (6.12.2) has a few new Geocaching icons. (Multi, Letterbox, and Puzzle) (Why they'd include letterbox is beyond me)

Does this mean that they will be updating the unit software to allow to use this, or is this possibly in preparation for the next generation units?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I searched, but didn't find anything).

It would seem that the latest update to Mapsource (6.12.2) has a few new Geocaching icons. (Multi, Letterbox, and Puzzle) (Why they'd include letterbox is beyond me)

Does this mean that they will be updating the unit software to allow to use this, or is this possibly in preparation for the next generation units?

I don't think any of us have gotten a clear answer to that question yet. I would just like to see the new waypoint symbols available on my 60CSx.

I don't think any of us have gotten a clear answer to that question yet. I would just like to see the new waypoint symbols available on my 60CSx.

"New waypoint symbols"? You do realize that the MapSource waypoints are a superset of all Garmin models? Just because you don't see them on your unit doesn't mean they're new. They're probably just intended for another model.

"New waypoint symbols"? You do realize that the MapSource waypoints are a superset of all Garmin models? Just because you don't see them on your unit doesn't mean they're new. They're probably just intended for another model.

I know what you are saying, but with MapSource V6.12.2 they added "Hunting" symbols and some other "outdoor symbols that were not a part of MapSource prior to that. Considering that the 60CSx is a premier hunting/fishing/outdoor unit, you would think it would incorporate the new outdoor symbols.

I see what you are saying and I use custom waypoint symbols. The problem is that associates the custom symbols in the GPS with the Custom Symbols in Mapsource. I want to be able to mark a spot on the GPS as "Food source" or "Cover" or something, and have it come up in Mapsource the same way and vice versa.

I want to be able to mark a spot on the GPS as "Food source" or "Cover" or something, and have it come up in Mapsource the same way and vice versa.

You do know that you can customize the "custom icons" to look the same both in MapSource and on your GPS, right?

Right, I get that, as per my post above. However, If I save a "foodplot" in MapSource, it will show as a blue square on my 60CSx. I would have to have that symbol twice in MapSource, once in the actual waypoint list (which would be useless) and once in the Custom list, which would preclude me from using other custom symbols. I would like to save a "foodplot" in MapSource and have it show up as a "foodplot on the unit.