Treo 680 software

I just got a new TREO 680. I am wanting to use it for Geocaching. Will the cachemate software run OK on it?

Does anyone run Geocaching software on a 680 Treo out there?

This is my 1st phone/PDA, so everything is pretty new to me, I was just wanting to do away with all paper this summer while caching.

Any suggestions of good software to run on this Treo would be appreciated.

I just got a new TREO 680. I am wanting to use it for Geocaching. Will the cachemate software run OK on it?

This is my 1st phone/PDA, so everything is pretty new to me, I was just wanting to do away with all paper this summer while caching.

Cachemate works great on my Treo 650 so it should be good on the 680 as well. The only thing I'm not sure worked was using the Cachemate export out of Gsak. I used the conversion utility supplied with Cachemate to convert the GPX file into a PDB file that the Palm OS can handle.

But the Cachemate software itself works.

CacheMate works fine, but I personally prefer GeoNiche. It has hordes of features, looks great, and works very well for caching.

Keep in mind when you're caching that the Treo is pretty fragile, so put it away when you're on something slippery, climbing, etc, and consider getting an Aquapac to keep it waterproof. I assume you have a bluetooth GPS unit; you can get Aquapacs for them as well. The "Keymaster" version works perfectly for my Holux 236. I just carefully hold the case against the GPS power switch and push the GPS forward or backward. So the case turns the GPS on or off, rather than taking the GPS out or possibly damaging the case doing so.