Garmin eTrex Vista CX

kbootb

I have the great pleasure of testing a Vista CX for work. I've got to grips with most of the functions, but one little thing puzzles me. (Yes I've read the manual).

On the acquiring satellites page there is a little blob that moves around the outer ring. Any idea what it is? It seems to move when I tilt the GPSr but not in any meaningful way.

I just hate it when I don't know what somethign does.

Thanks guys. I had to give it back before I could fully test it. But I might have it back in my hands next week to check it out.

It's not quite the same as my old b/w summit. When that is tracking satellites the display is in compass mode, i.e. the cardinal points move as I turn around.

The CX doesn't seem to behave like that, with the North fixed at 12 o'clock on the display. So the red dot could be either the direction I'm facing or the direction to the waypoint. I don't think I had a destination set when I first noticed this.

Either way, it's not a vital piece of info as once the satellites are acquired I no longer want to see that screen!

It's not quite the same as my old b/w summit. When that is tracking satellites the display is in compass mode, i.e. the cardinal points move as I turn around.

The CX doesn't seem to behave like that, with the North fixed at 12 o'clock on the display.

You can set the CX up to behave just the same, ie with the cardinal points moving around. You can also turn this page off by default, as I do, so that you dont have to look at it once the satellites have been acquired. Speak to me if you have any more CX questions and I will try to help.

The CX doesn't seem to behave like that, with the North fixed at 12 o'clock on the display.

You can set the CX up to behave just the same, ie with the cardinal points moving around. You can also turn this page off by default, as I do, so that you dont have to look at it once the satellites have been acquired. Speak to me if you have any more CX questions and I will try to help.

Thanks, I've now got mine set the same, once the sats are found, page disappears. This is a great GPS. We're setting it up for school children and technophile teachers to use and I can turn so many menus off and hide so much that I can get it down to 2 button, 3 pages and 4 tiny help cards. Not cheapr though when you have to buy 6.