Decisions again

thebadboy

I would like to know does the Venture have Wass capable or SIRF?? I was told to look for these things before I buy a GPS. I was looking at the 60csx but asking myself do I need all the bells and whisltes. mI do want the WASS so that would be a big decider, need some help. I looked up the Venture and it does not say anything about SIRF or Wass, Thanks for listening, Pete

I believe that the venture is WASS enabled and only the 60 and 76 cx and csx have the SiRF III. Im not a garmin owner but I have heard good things about even the basic venture. garmins website explains in detail all of the differences between the models.

edit for spelling

Edited by gh patriot

I would like to know does the Venture have Wass capable or SIRF?? I was told to look for these things before I buy a GPS. I was looking at the 60csx but asking myself do I need all the bells and whisltes. mI do want the WASS so that would be a big decider, need some help. I looked up the Venture and it does not say anything about SIRF or Wass, Thanks for listening, Pete

Just looked on my Venture CX and yes it does have WAAS - can be enabled or disabled. Has been a good GPS -

The Venture CX is a fine unit - it has WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation Sysytem) but not the SiRF chip. However, I like the venture for its many fine other features for the price. The SiRF chip will cost you $150-$200 more.

What does the Sirf chip do for me??I know the 60csx has it but I dont know whats what. I would want the best for getting into heavy cover as I live in the mountains. But of course I'm looking to save a buck

The Venture CX is a fine unit - it has WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation Sysytem) but not the SiRF chip. However, I like the venture for its many fine other features for the price. The SiRF chip will cost you $150-$200 more.

What does the Sirf chip do for me??I know the 60csx has it but I dont know whats what. I would want the best for getting into heavy cover as I live in the mountains. But of course I'm looking to save a buck

SirfIII is what you want then. It will work well under heavy cover and in canyons too.The 60csx,60cx,76csx or 76cx from Garmin are what you need.

Ray

The Sirf chipset gives you absolutely incredible reception. The Venture CX gets solid reception, but you may lose a sginal from time to time under heavy tree cover. If you do you usually get it back right away. But with the Sirf units you get amazing reception under the most difficult conditions.