New TB Idea

bronzey214

Okay, instead of a regular TB, we get a disposable camera. Write your address on it. And instead of keeping it in a cache to take pictures of whoever finds it, we have it act like a travel bug. Take it, take a picture of something cool in your area, put it in another cache. When it's full, have instructions for it to be mailed to your address. Then you can develop it and see where it's gone. And instead of having pick up/drop off logs, have logs for which picture was taken where.

What do you think?

I have one, but the intention was to get to a certain city, take pictures there, then come back. It sounds like people have been taking pictures along the way instead.

It's been out there for four years and has spent many months in a single cache, but it reached its goal, and is now sitting in an airport cache, just waiting for the right person to stop by and bring it back to the States. Anyone in the US going to Geneva soon?

Okay, instead of a regular TB, we get a disposable camera. Write your address on it. And instead of keeping it in a cache to take pictures of whoever finds it, we have it act like a travel bug. Take it, take a picture of something cool in your area, put it in another cache. When it's full, have instructions for it to be mailed to your address. Then you can develop it and see where it's gone. And instead of having pick up/drop off logs, have logs for which picture was taken where.

What do you think?

Great Idea. That would be fun. I'm ready to start our first cache and that would be a great starter item

I think it's a grand idea, though the practicality of it may prove difficult. One of the major things I've learned through geocaching (and it became a great life-lesson) is that you cannot send things out into the world and expect them to behave the way you want them to. Nor can you expect *people* to behave the way you want them to.

Try it, by all means; but don't be disappointed if it never comes back.

- Jeannette