AShan

hi there,

I was wondering, if I traveled to Cancun, Mexico

from way up in northern Minnesota and wanted to

find a cache. What would I have to do to my eTrex

gps to get the proper coordinates?

thanks,

tony

I traveled from Seattle to Cancun and had to do nothing. I just set the GPSr out on the hotel balcony for a few minutes to find the sats and I was in business.

Some units have a new location feature - you can use that if you want to, but usually just let it sit turned on for about 15 minutes - then turn it off and back on again. The second time it should come up within a minute or so. If not repeat the process. Pretty painless task. You'll be fine.

My eTrex Legend has a location feature - I've only used it once I think, or maybe twice. I bought it used and it came from Hawaii and I'm in GA so I used that feature when I first got it to "tell" it where it was now, and I may have done the same when I went to FL last year - but then again I was only 500 or so miles from home - not exactly a huge leap.

I had wanted to find one in Mexico near where my Uncle lives this year, but alas I couldn't make the trip there this year... hope the cache (or maybe some new ones!) is still there next year...

Jenn