Boston Strikes Again!

What's up with Boston and hide-and-seek games?

Here is another.

“It was like an act of God that it was closed, because I don’t know what would have happened,” said Mary Hines, a Parks Department spokeswoman.

Geocachers in Boston should be very careful!

Well, marketers unfortunately seem to practice any publicity is good publicity.

What's up with Boston and hide-and-seek games?

Here is another.

“It was like an act of God that it was closed, because I don’t know what would have happened,” said Mary Hines, a Parks Department spokeswoman.

Geocachers in Boston should be very careful!

I could see how this could have worked ... EXCEPT for the fact that the company didn't even take the time to check with those who handled the yard. What idiocy. Just because there isn't a corporate building on the spot doesn't mean it's okay to stomp around the site as if it were a public park.

These guys need to hire a geocacher with a good understanding of public versus private space. On a completely unrelated note, I happen to be looking for a new job :P

I'm sure there is a difference although slight, between FTFers who ignore posted hours, and a bunch of amateurs looking for a coin worth money :laughing: .

The "slight" difference is in the numbers.

The unscrupulous FTF hounds (those who will knowingly trespass and break the law for the find) are very few.

With a coin worth a lot of money, which location is published to the general public, the numbers could be quite large and the potential for destruction "like unto a plague of locusts" is great.

i don't think Boston was out of line at all on this one given the information I have so far (limited).

A related story talked about removing "Got Milk?" ads that exhibited a smell resembling chocolate-chip cookies!! :laughing:

Now, I just need to create olfactory ammo box.. :laughing:

I've always wanted to put one out with a proximity detector that would activate "Jumanji" drums (like the box hidden in the hillside in the movie).

Should I perhaps consider downtown Boston? ;):D

A related story talked about removing "Got Milk?" ads that exhibited a smell resembling chocolate-chip cookies!! :laughing:

Now, I just need to create olfactory ammo box.. :D

I've always wanted to put one out with a proximity detector that would activate "Jumanji" drums (like the box hidden in the hillside in the movie).

Should I perhaps consider downtown Boston? :D:laughing:

It might scare away the muggles right and proper leaving you the goods! ;)

I've been to that cemetary and it's tiny. If the article was correct, who in the world at Dr Pepper thought that would be a good site to hide a coin worth money? That idiot should be out of a job.

That being said, is there a cache there? :)

Yes.

Pocket Park #3 - The Other Way In. It is temporarily disabled. For obvious reasons.

The cache was placed respectful of the site, and could be accessed without entering the cemetery, if you could figure out how to get to it.

(Edited to correct the cache name)

Edited by BBWolf+3Pigs