New Cache Listing Guidelines

Team Misguided

Since I know most of the people in the Northwest are smart enough to stay out of the main forums :( I thought I'd take a moment to let everyone know that the Cache Listing Guidelines were updated today. If you want to get a nice summary of the changes you can check out this thread in the main forum.

I'd like to use this as a opportunity to put out an additional request for everyone to add the additional waypoints to their existing caches. It will now be required for new multi-cache/puzzle cache listings but we have quite a few older caches that don't have that data.

Just two days ago a new cache passed all of our proximity checks and was publish less than 50 feet away from the final of an existing multi cache because the owner of that multi-cache had not entered the waypoints into the system. We cannot protect your final cache if we don't know it's there.

Until the Additional Waypoints feature, reviewers were asking for and recording final waypoints for puzzle caches & multi-caches in reviewer notes. Those reviewer notes were deleted prior to the cache being published but were still available to check for proximity issues. There were several extra steps involved in this and those waypoints were not stored in anything other than a text format. That means until January 2006 there was no way to automatically check a new cache submission against existing endpoints for multi-caches & puzzle caches.

If you have any questions on how to use the additional waypoints feature please feel free to email me. I would be happy to help you get started.