Where to buy mini-containers

fletch1027

I am planing a type of geocaching/scavenger hunt for some scouts. Does anyone know where to get some microcache containers? Target, Wal-Mart, REI, Dicks, etc - any major chains like that are local to me...

You could check your local Walmart, they have many of the lock and lock containers. If you are thinking 35mm film containers, ask them to save a few for you. They are free.

v/r

O-Mega

I've found some really nice aluminum waterproof pill containers at Walgreens. Coast about $5 each, but are truly waterproof.

Also, unused medical sample containers work well since they, too, are waterproof. We have a local cache that is called microcontainer dispenser and it is often full of unused medical sample tubes. THe cache owner does it to promote the hiding of more micros.

Take care,

Outspoken1

What kind of containers are you thinking about? You should be able to find some unique ones on ebay.

I have seen some cool micros around that look about the size of a bullet casing with a glass tube inside that you can put a rolled up slip of paper in. Good for putting new coordinates in for a multi-stage cache...

These waterproof matchboxes can be found in the camping section of Walmart for 88 cents. If you think their orange color will stand out too much, you can find the camo duct tape in their hunting dept.

aa2b3c2c-539a-4262-bf44-38af28c0dde0.jpg

Thse pill cases can be found at most drug stores and supermarket pharmacies for under $2.

f1ea2753-6d0d-4fdc-b735-f7c0e5a74015.jpg

These Nalgene cryo tubes can be found on Ebay or online lab or medical ware websites. You can get a bag of 25 of them for under $10 including shipping.

6781289f-1058-46a3-9785-a2e03bad59d2.jpg

These Bison cylinders can be found at REI or Bisondesigns.com. $2 each for the small and $4 each for the large (pictured).

9c389c3c-5b22-4c83-a58c-0f06dffa61e9.jpg

Edited by briansnat

What kind of containers are you thinking about? You should be able to find some unique ones on ebay.

I have seen some cool micros around that look about the size of a bullet casing with a glass tube inside that you can put a rolled up slip of paper in. Good for putting new coordinates in for a multi-stage cache...

Sounds like a bison tube to me.

Actually a while ago I bought some generic bison tubes on ebay. They were calling them 'Keychain ID holders', and come in a shiny silver color (easy to paint or tape over), and have little plastic? vials inside like you describe. The couple caches I've used them for I always just threw the vial away since it seems like it would take up more space. But I suppose it would be good just listing another waypoint :signalviolin:

dedc2fda-3cb4-4995-94f2-aa5a8823d880.jpg

6f41cb03-34cc-49a2-99ea-fb7bfbf4d879.jpg