How to get TBs back to owner

gracepap

Have been thinking about giving up my hobby and was wondering how to get my TBs back. How does one do that? Do I email people who currently have it and ask them to mail them to me (while offering postage costs?) or do I post a note saying please have it travel back to a local cache? Hmm... Any help would be appreciated.

You could rethink giving up such a fun past time? You don't have to give up caching, you can save it for finding new places when you go on vacation, or visiting friends and family in other places. It doesn't have to be an weekly or monthly thing. If it was me, I'd let the bugs travel and collect photos and live vicariously through my travel bug.

As far as getting your owned coins back, if those are in the wild, you could email each holder, and ask to have it mailed back to you, postage paid by you. Or post notes to the cache pages they are in, or better still, email the owner of those caches, and ask that they be picked up and mailed back to you. Or, take the send it back to me via caches route. But don't have high expectations. Not everyone will have read the notes before finding the cache or the coin and believe me, after going through 135 pages of the Unite For Diabetes pages so far, I know 40% of the people do not really know how to log a travel bug. That's another thread.

Good luck, and I just wonder why people want to give it up. I love geocaching and all it has done for me. I've found geocaching to be something I can do with people from a few months old to their 70's, 80's, and I've seen some caching in their 90's! It takes me to places I would never find through a travel agent, or guide book. Some people feel the need to go all the time. Others go once in a while. Do what suits you, and remember, it's not a competition and you can play this with others, or alone. Best wishes in future endeavors.

Eartha

Edited by Eartha