Event

spikedturtle

I'm assuming you're talking about Pizza XLIII? It's the only thing I could find in Grant's Pass for Saturday. If so, this is gonna be a very casual "meet & greet" type of event, where you'll gather, schmooze, group cache then chow down on vittles. Look at who is going, and think about what caches of their's you really liked. Say things like, "Hey You're Davey Dude. I loved your Hilt Hungry Creek cache". Be bold, and introduce yourself to everybody. Have fun. If you really want to set the tone, bring a cooler full of Guinness. :unsure:

What to expect can vary a great deal depending on the type of event. They range from small gathering over things like beer and pizza or coffee and donuts, to large scale picnics with games, door prizes and sometimes temporary event caches.

At any event expect a bunch of friendly people who will be discussing geocaching. Things like good caches, GPS units and fun experiences. You may feel like an outsider at first, as local geocachers often know each other well and have developed friendships, but at every event I've been to new people were warmly welcomed. By your second event you'll be an "insider" too.

Jill and I just went to our first event a couple weeks ago. Was nice to put a face to those cachers I enjoy reading logs from. It was a very friendly time and got to see some cool TB and coins. People brought along some things they have have collected over the years and all questions I had were answered with enthusiasm. Personally we look forward to the next one!