Travel Bug! How could this happen

Fred Flintstone

I have a TB named Emb 120 Flap roller (Id# TBPXZE). The TB was placed in a cache called "Descent of Cache Generator". When I check on the TB in my accounts, it shows the TB placed but when I access the cache, the web page says that it can't be viewed until it is published. I have emailed the girl that has placed it and Groundspeak to try and get an answer. I have not had a reply yet. Does anybody have any ideas on what has happened and how I can get my TB back. I have asked for the cache location. Happy Hunting. WILMA!!!! WHERES MY BOWLING BALL!!!!!

Hi Fred

I would guess that your TB was added to a new cache by the person placing the cache, this is a common practice, you are seeing the unpublished listing because even though the TB is in the cache , it is still not approved. Many cachers wait until the cache is published to add the TB's but many place the cache and then place the TB's into the unpublished cache (if you are the placer you can do this with any TB in your inventory).

Not to worry, it should be published and available to all soon (assuming there is no problem with the cache!) and your TB will be on it's way again.

No wonder. It's in PA, and PA was inundated with snow. The issue is that the cache was placed too close to another stage of a mystery cache. The owner probably can't get back out yet, with the weather. The owner has visited the site since the last note was posted about the cache. The owner of the cache also has enough finds and hides to show me that it is not a fly-by-night cacher. I would give it some time for things to clear up. It's very hard to cache in the snow sometimes. Have patience. There are two other bugs keeping yours company. Keep us posted, as I am so busy now with the U4D TB's that I can't keep an eye on this right now.

Thank You. I will post when the cache wakes up and the TB is on the move.

Or you could e-mail the owner of the new cache and request that ithat your travel bug be moved into a published cache if the new cache is not expected to be published soon.

There is an advantage to being in a new cache as new ones around here tend to get a rush of visitors to celebrate its "grand opening". B)

Bill

I've had exactly the same happen with my TB CupCake - the only difference being that when I check the profile of the cacher in question, I see that this person is a 'Banned Member' and their unpublished cache has a rather sad name to it - Zion's Purgatory - from which I deduce that it's been maliciously taken out of circulation :P

What can I do in this sort of situation? :D

Looks like mtn-man is the reviewer for that area. I would contact him and see if there is any addidtional information present in the unpublished cache.

Thanks BlueDeuce - email sent to mtn-man. I hope I manage to sort something out. My caching buddies were equally perplexed by the story of what has happened to CupCake. Why would somebody do this? (No response required!) :P

Since you chose to un-check the box so I could not just simply reply to your email, I will just reply here. There is nothing that can be done and I cannot explain the situation any further. It is an unfortunate situation and you and others are the ultimate victims. I am sorry.

Since you chose to un-check the box so I could not just simply reply to your email, I will just reply here. There is nothing that can be done and I cannot explain the situation any further. It is an unfortunate situation and you and others are the ultimate victims. I am sorry.

Many thanks mtn-man. I'll have to see if I can grab the TB back and put it to rest - in a place of my choosing! :smile: