Time To Say Hello

Tarot

Hi Everyone

I found out about Geocaching in the latter part of 2006, and got my GPSr at Christmas. I use the basic Garmin Etrex (Latest WASS version), together with Mapsource Europe V8. I have also recently gone paperless with a Palm IIIx together with Cachemate. The weather in the UK has not been great, but I have managed to bag 11 caches to date. I just wanted to break the ice with this quick introduction, and say what a great help this forum has been for a beginner.

Regards Tarot

Edited by Tarot

Hi Tarot

The Geocaching community welcomes you to the game. But I bet a post in the UK Forum would get you a heartier response. I am glad to see you using Cachemate. One of the things that frosts me is a Geocacher that doesn't read the Cache Page, and won't read the hint. Some areas can stand that bull in a china shop approach, and some can't.

Find some local events and get to know a few of your fellow Cachers. You'll find your circle of friends growing rapidly.

Note: Just noticed the post by geofireman before hitting Add Reply. Certainly there is some knowledge here, but that part about us having opinions is quite true.