Enhancement Request - Cache "Save As" option

jshults (Rally Dude)

It would be GREAT to be able to Save As an existing cache to make new one. Especially if you are working on a series or an event grouping of caches, this would be a great tool. The system could make sure the Coordinates are left empty.

It already does that. Just uncheck the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active (Reviewers will not see this listing unless box is checked)" then save the page and the reviewer will never see the page in the review queue until you check it. You could work on it for years and it will be there.

It already does that. Just uncheck the box that says "Yes, this cache is currently active (Reviewers will not see this listing unless box is checked)" then save the page and the reviewer will never see the page in the review queue until you check it. You could work on it for years and it will be there.

I believe what the OP is requesting is a feature that would allow you to take one of your existing cache descriptions and clone it into a completely new listing in order to avoid having to reenter most of the details.

The descriptions might not be identical, but they'd likely want to clone the layout, images, colors, etc. Kind of like a cascading cache sheet I guess :D .

I am assuming by layout you are talking about the HTML portions. If you have caches that are similar in this manner, it is just easier to save an HTML template. Most of the other information is going to be unique other than possibly cache size and type which are quick entries.