Blackberry Software for .loc/.gpx SPOT

Hi folks, has anyone used their 7500 series or later blackberry for geocaching viewing of .loc and .gpx files? I came across a software program for $50 called SPOT. It looks pretty good and will actually navigate to a gps if you have an external bluetooth receiver. I will probably only use it paperless caching but I wanted to find out if anyone has used it, if it's worth the $50 or if there is something cheaper.

-escapethematrix

Hi folks, has anyone used their 7500 series or later blackberry for geocaching viewing of .loc and .gpx files? I came across a software program for $50 called SPOT. It looks pretty good and will actually navigate to a gps if you have an external bluetooth receiver. I will probably only use it paperless caching but I wanted to find out if anyone has used it, if it's worth the $50 or if there is something cheaper.

-escapethematrix

If you use GSAK, you can have it generate a folder of HTML files that can be used for paperless caching. I do this with my Blackjack smart phone. I think you should be able to transfer the folder to a BlackBerry in the same manner. You get the cache page, hints, and logs and it can be sorted by name, distance, etc. The advantage is that it is free.

I'd be curious to know what you decide, on the off chance I ever decide to get a BlackBerry.

I know I'm late to the party but...

Don't Buy SPOT! Sure it can guide you to the cache but that's about it. I've been using it on my Blackberry 8800 and Spot really doesn't impress me. Currently I have problems importing GPX files and downloading the cache information. It looks like it just grabs the text info from geocaching.com complete with html tags. Which is really hard to sort through

For $50 bucks I was really looking for something that did what it claimed and at least handled GPX files properly. Being able to sort of Waypoint lists by name or waypoint should have been a must and being able to sort by nearest to current point would have been nice to have.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just picky. I guess I should have played around with it before buying.

man what a quick time saver i was trying to figure my best approach for paperless and didnt even think that i could login and get to geocaching with the browser..just setup bookmarks to my PQs and away we go it doesnt get much easier than that..WOOOHOO GPS is coming with me on all business trips now!