GSAK

nixno9

I'm still trying to figure out gsak..I downloaded cache in to it and when I downloaded them into the palm they are not there or only a few show up...any hints on that .....and also when I click on home in gsak it says it is not set up..this is what I have in my home location ...did I do something wrong..I went under the help and still could not figure out what is wrong...maybe somebody out there can help me..thanks

Home

# locations Home

# Name, Latitude, Longitude, MaxDistance (optional)

#

# examples (valid if # is removed)

#Home, N47 26.742, W122 08.xxx

Some where else,

Home, N 47 26.742, W 122 08.xxx

xout the last ones for privacy

A real good place to go to ask questions about GSAK is by going to the GSAK forums.

I to am learning to do the GSAK thing, and everyday I learn something new. Good luck with your quest because as I stand right now....I can't really explain anything because I'm not sure what I do to get GSAK to do what I want it to do. :)

You need to remove the # in front of your home coordinates.

TY... I tried that and it still comes up with an error message saying I need to put a coma between the lat,long ..I did it the way it shows in the help and still nothing

I moved the bottom line up to the top, and it worked then. Mine reads like this........................

Home, N 32 **.465, W 96 **.308,

# locations

# Name, Latitude, Longitude, MaxDistance (optional)

#

# examples (valid if # is removed)

# note that either of the following 2 formats are supported

#

Whether or not there is a space between the N or W and the numbers makes no difference. It works either way. You do have to have a comma between the lat and lon, another after the location name, and no # symbol at the start of the line. That symbol marks the entire line as a comment, and the line is ignored completely. Whether the line is at the top, bottom, or in the middle also makes no difference.

Edited by NightPilot

If the OP is the exact text of his locations file, then there is also an extraneous Home on the first line which will confuse the parser. Every line which doesn't have a name and coordinates must be commented out by a # at the start of the line. Anything which doesn't have the # at the start of the line is read as being part of a location.

Edited by NightPilot

Did you download the GPX version of the cache or the LOC version? The LOC only has the cache name & coordinates in the file. The GPX version has all the info in it.

John

How do I change to the GPX form. I just upgraded to premium, but when i down load waypoints still get a loc file.

Ken

How do I change to the GPX form. I just upgraded to premium, but when i down load waypoints still get a loc file.

Ken

If you are downloading from the search page(s) you can ONLY get LOC files. GPX files can only be downloaded from the cache page OR by PQ's emailed to you (even previewing these will give you LOC files, the preview is on a search page).