60csx and mapsource

This may have been asked somewhere else,if it has sorry.

But I have a garmin 60csx, and I have the mapsource program that came with it, downloaded to my laptop.Does anyone know how(if possible) to make them talk to one another.That is, shows you traveling along the road on the laptop.I've seen it on other programs, but just wandering if I can use the mapsource that came with the gps.Thanks.

This may have been asked somewhere else,if it has sorry.

But I have a garmin 60csx, and I have the mapsource program that came with it, downloaded to my laptop.Does anyone know how(if possible) to make them talk to one another.That is, shows you traveling along the road on the laptop.I've seen it on other programs, but just wandering if I can use the mapsource that came with the gps.Thanks.

Download nRoute from the Garmin web site (free) to your laptop. That program will do the autorouting using the CN data.

I just started using nroute with my 60csx and love it! I do have the detailed Garmin maps. It works with the included USB cable. And you even get audio prompts for routing!! I believe you can also use third party maps on your PC but that may require a serial connection on your laptop, and I only had USB.

Here it is in action

http://www.pbase.com/image/72996890

My wife drives and I navagate when we go out wandering around and that works well. It is MUCH better than the GPS alone as the 15 inch screen lets you see so much of the surounding area, extremely helpfull at times.

I have a auto power adpter for the laptop and can configure it to power the screen off but not go in standby mode. when just crusing a route that lets me close the laptop and set it aside and it still gives voice prompts while the GPSr shows the route.

I do wish that a route created on one device would have the option to automatically display on the other but instead you have to create the route on both, if you want it displayed on both, I often do.