Forum feature request

The Cheeseheads

I managed to get a custom BBCode working on my own forum:

<a href='http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp={option}' target='_blank'>{content}</a>

With that in place, I can now enter:

[cache=GC1234]Check out this cache![/cache]

And it turns into:

Check out this cache!

It would be a nice, easy thing to add to make it easier for people to link to caches in forum posts.

Can't we already do links in the forums?

Check out that cache

Sure, if you go through loading up the page and copying and pasting the link. Frequently, I see people posting things like "Check out cache GC1234! What do you think of this?" and readers have to go through the trouble of figuring out how to pull the cache page up with just the number and no link. This is just an easy way to throw in a link, and the person doing it doesn't even need to know the "http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=" part. All you need is the GC number.

Yes, we can provide links, but what my dairymolded friend from the north is suggesting is that when we enter [cache=GC1234]cache[/cache], it would automagically translated to cache.

I'd almost rather see (like any time we have a long URL or foul language) that when someone enters the GC code, it AUTOMATICALLY (without any additional code) adds a link to the cache.

Yes, we can provide links, but what my dairymolded friend from the north is suggesting is that when we enter [cache=GC1234]cache[/cache], it would automagically translated to cache.

I'd almost rather see (like any time we have a long URL or foul language) that when someone enters the GC code, it AUTOMATICALLY (without any additional code) adds a link to the cache.

I thought we already have that feature

BB Code Help

[GCCODE=GCXXXXX]Cache link[/GCCODE]

I thought we already have that feature

BB Code Help

[GCCODE=GCXXXXX]Cache link[/GCCODE]

And there we go. I didn't know that was there. Thanks!