the gps store

defr0st

i am fairly new to geocaching and have just been using my friends gps system with him. i now want to buy my own and was thinking about getting a Garmin GPSMAP 60 from thegpsstore.com. has anyone used this website before and if you have can you tell me how your experience with them was and if they were reliable or not. i dont want to get ripped off by a scam website. also if you have a Garmin GPSMAP 60 could you tell me your opinions on it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by defr0st

The 60c has a colour screen and more memory for maps 60cx has colour screen and a microSD memory slot for lots of maps And most importantly a SiRF iii receiver, which will maintain a lock under the densest canopy.

Please listen to QuigleyJones. The extra $130 spent on the 60Cx will be money well-spent. The features mentioned in the quoted post are not trivial. If you ever decide to purchase topo maps or street maps, the color screen will make the maps much more legible. The expandable memory also means you will be able to load maps for a larger area, which will be useful for long trips. To me, the most important feature of the 60Cx is the SiRF receiver. I used a co-worker's GPSmap 60 side-by-side with my eXplorist. The eXplorist performed much better in densely wooded areas. For reference, the SiRF receiver performs marginally better than the eXplorist. For a comparison of receiver performance, read this. It will likely persuade you to go for the 60Cx instead of the 60 or 60C. The 60Cx is expensive, but it is a handheld you will not have to upgrade for a long time, if ever.