Premium status lost

Team Sieni

I purchased premium membership last Sept. I didn't pay via paypal so I didn't need to enter a serial number or anything.

Sometime between then and now (I've not been very active GC wise in that time) I have lost my PM status. My profile now just shows "member", and I can't do fun things like zoom maps, pocket queries and so on. :laughing:

I've tried emailing admin@Groundspeak.com, contact@geocaching.com, sales@Groundspeak.com and I've tried entering a ticket on support.Groundspeak.com all with no joy (after waiting a couple of days).

Hell, I've even tried logging out and logging back in again!

Any suggestions? Are the support people struggling with a post-holiday backlog perhaps?

Going by the "Premium Member" under your name on the left, i'd say something is fishy.

Well what do you know?? ... I didn't notice that. Thanks. So the forums think I'm a premium member, but GC.com doesn't.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the support guys to read my mail(s) unless someone has a better idea.

There is indeed a slight backlog with customer support requests this week. So, please be patient.

The forums probably still show you as a premium member because you haven't re-synchronized your profile information via the "enter the forums" page on Geocaching.com. You should go by what your profile page says.

I purchased premium membership last Sept. I didn't pay via paypal so I didn't need to enter a serial number or anything.

Sometime between then and now (I've not been very active GC wise in that time) I have lost my PM status. My profile now just shows "member", and I can't do fun things like zoom maps, pocket queries and so on. <_<

I've tried emailing admin@Groundspeak.com, contact@geocaching.com, sales@Groundspeak.com and I've tried entering a ticket on support.Groundspeak.com all with no joy (after waiting a couple of days).

Any suggestions? Are the support people struggling with a post-holiday backlog perhaps?

Just guessing here, but is it possible that when you first purchased your premium membership that you paid for only one year, and that the first year has now expired, and perhaps a payment for another year is expected? Again, just guessing at a likely scenario.. I wish you the best in getting this remedied! :laughing:

Sometime between then and now (I've not been very active GC wise in that time) I have lost my PM status. My profile now just shows "member", and I can't do fun things like zoom maps, pocket queries and so on. :)

Team Sieni,

Vinnie and Sue Team are correct. When you first purchased your premium membership, you paid for a one year, non renewing membership. As of late September 2006, that membership expired. If you'd like to renew your Premium Membership, please visit the Premium Membership Subscription page.

Also, I apologize for the delay with our email response. We do have a backlog in emails due to the holidays and the fact that we were moving offices over the past few days.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Vinnie and Sue Team are correct. When you first purchased your premium membership, you paid for a one year, non renewing membership. As of late September 2006, that membership expired. If you'd like to renew your Premium Membership, please visit the Premium Membership Subscription page.

Also, I apologize for the delay with our email response. We do have a backlog in emails due to the holidays and the fact that we were moving offices over the past few days.

This is not so. I have my receipt for my purchase of a further 12 months dated 26 September 2006. By my reckoning that means I have 8 months or so to run.

This is not so. I have my receipt for my purchase of a further 12 months dated 26 September 2006. By my reckoning that means I have 8 months or so to run.

Did you get an number on the receipt that started with an s ? (like s-12345678910) :D

or how did you pay for the subscription?

yep I took a look at your profile and that page shows only member status but your little box under the avatar says Premium Member.

As someone who has lost Premium membership twice due to wacky, zany, unexplained pay pal problems, I can tell you this hybrid premium/non-premium status is normal. It was also widely noted in a thread in the website forum a few months back. I'm replying after TPTB, but if the OP re-signs up, all lost features should be restored. I don't know if I'd go as far as stored PQ's or anything (after 4 months) but you never know.

All sorted out now, thanks to Rothstafari. :D

I don't know if I'll be hanging out on the forums much, but in answer to the posts I've read:

Liar caches? Bad only if they are designed to trick people, rather than amuse.

Find:Hide ratio? I'm 50:0 after about 2.5 years but I am planning a hide. Give me time! I also have plans for a good waymark category ... one day. I'm not the fastest of cachers!

Caches near private property where old ladies may spy on you? I normally just give up (and I have the low find count to show for it)

Happy caching everyone! :D

Sometime between then and now (I've not been very active GC wise in that time) I have lost my PM status. My profile now just shows "member", and I can't do fun things like zoom maps, pocket queries and so on. :D

A quick check of your profile shows that you are indeed a premium member. It appears to have been resolved.