GPS mount for an ATV

schnrub

Tired of stopping all the time to check our location. One that is extremely secure would be awesome.

I use the very plain garmin handlebar mount on my dualsport machine. It's much sturdier than it looiks. Been perfect while I bounce off trees, fall over, curse, and pick the bike back up again...

It looks like this.

Some of these pics show my legend mounted on the bar thusly. It also works with the venture cx I have, so maybe it will with your legend c.

I use the Garmin handlebar mount on my streetbike to hold my Vista Cx and it works perfectly. A solid lock when it's attached, yet the GPSr comes off in a split second (quick release) when you want it off. And, when the GPSr is not attached, the piece that stays on the handlebar is very small, almost un-noticable. RAM mounts are great & versitile, but that's one thing I don't like about them. Even when they're NOT holding a device they're still bulky & a bit too obvious

I also used the Garmin bicycle mount on my motorcycle, but had problems with it. There is no vibration damping and my unit would power off on its own. Now this was with an eTrex Vista and I believe these older units all had this problem. Cycoactive has a webpage describing how to remedy the situation. This issue may have well been resolved with the newer color units. I recently purchased a GPSMAP60CSx and plan on using the Ram mount for vibration isolation just to be safe. Touratech makes a more expensive mount that has the option of locking the unit to the mount with a key.

Edited by desertRdr