help............? and pleese dont just stand there reading this then walk away

ryudo deviln

hello im ryudo deviln and about geocaching what do you do after you get a normal "cache". i know that you take whats in the cache but like how do you hide it do you put whatever your putting in it then put it right back where you found it or do you hide it somewhere elce and i have another question once you like find a cache and then you hide it again (or put it back) how do you report you found it and give the new cordenents to where you hid it and how do you report that you found one on your statistics thanks for your help

---ryudo deviln

hello im ryudo deviln and about geocaching what do you do after you get a normal "cache". i know that you take whats in the cache but like how do you hide it do you put whatever your putting in it then put it right back where you found it or do you hide it somewhere elce and i have another question once you like find a cache and then you hide it again (or put it back) how do you report you found it and give the new cordenents to where you hid it and how do you report that you found one on your statistics thanks for your help

---ryudo deviln

pleese help..............n e one..............pleese?

Unless the cache page specifically states that the cache is to be moved and new coords posted, put the cache back exactly how you found it.

On occasion you might need to hide it just a bit better, like if you found it laying on the ground, but if in doubt check with the cache owner.

Most definately put it back where you found it! If you take something from it, leave something of equal or greater value. Be sure to sign the log book.

To record your find, click the "log your visit" link on the top right of the cache decription page.

Edited by FamilyDNA

You hide it right back where you found it and in at least the same manner that you found it. If its too exposed (seeing a little bit from only a few angles is OK) I cover it up better.

As for trading you generally replace one item for each taken. Some people trade nothing and just sign the log, others add items but don't take any.

There is a FAQ/Getting Started link on the main page of geocaching .com.

I see you haven't posted founds on any caches yet...you do that by going to the cache page and clicking on the link in the upper right corner that says "Found it...log it" and you fill out the simple form and then submit. You have then found a cache....congrats.

Wish you luck on geocaching in the future.

hello im ryudo deviln ...thanks for your help
pleese help..............n e one..............pleese?

Just so you know - this also isn't exactly a chat room. You got some good posts, but remember that not everyone is reading every thread. You waited only 4 minutes between your first and second pleas for help. Give us time to answer. :D

And.... most importantly: WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION.

I have found a couple caches that had well defined paths leading right to them. Besides re-covering the cash, you may even want to cover your tracks back away from the location as a favor to the next treasure hunter! For instance, it is winter: if you go about 20 feet away and grab a large handful of leaves, you can go back to the cache and then sprinkle the leaves as you back away for a couple feet. Just give a thought to the next person and do the right thing! Cheers,