Paperless Caching With GSAK and Cachemate

traildad

I have my paperless setup in place. I downloaded some pocket queries for the second time and updated what was in my Palm IIIxe. I had moved a listing to a different category because it was a dnf. I wanted to keep it separate so I could make a second attempt. When I was finished updating, the cache in question was back in the unfiled category. I would love to see what you all do to keep your listings organized in cachemate/GSAK. What kind of filtering etc do you do? How do you use categories to your best advantage? What are your favorite POWER tips and tricks? Thanks Ken

First I delete all files in the palm to clear out the database. Then, I do two downloads to the Palm. One for "Not Found by me" and one for "Found by me" (directly from GSAK). I do these downloads to the palm separately so I can put them in the correct category (found and not found). You have to run the cachemate between downloads.

My palm which is REALLY old (at least 6 years) holds at least 2,000 caches with logs. I do downloads to the palm about once every two weeks to get the latest logs. Hope that helps.

First I delete all files in the palm to clear out the database. Then, I do two downloads to the Palm. One for "Not Found by me" and one for "Found by me" (directly from GSAK). I do these downloads to the palm separately so I can put them in the correct category (found and not found). You have to run the cachemate between downloads.

Actually, I'm not sure when it was added, but with recent versions you can transfer both in one Hotsync operation before importing, as long as you name them differently. If you name them the same as the "Found" and "Not Found" categories, those will be selected by default for importing as well.

First I delete all files in the palm to clear out the database. Then, I do two downloads to the Palm. One for "Not Found by me" and one for "Found by me" (directly from GSAK).

Out of curiosity, what do you use the 'found by me' info on the Palm for? I've only uploaded info on unfound caches to the Palm - so I'm wondering if I'm missing another use for the software!

First I delete all files in the palm to clear out the database. Then, I do two downloads to the Palm. One for "Not Found by me" and one for "Found by me" (directly from GSAK).

Out of curiosity, what do you use the 'found by me' info on the Palm for? I've only uploaded info on unfound caches to the Palm - so I'm wondering if I'm missing another use for the software!

I also keep information on all my found caches on my Palm (using GSAK and CacheMate). It's great for comparing notes with other cachers at get-togethers! :(

--Larry

My palm which is REALLY old (at least 6 years) holds at least 2,000 caches with logs. I do downloads to the palm about once every two weeks to get the latest logs. Hope that helps.

I found a preference option that when checked kept the dnf in the same category after updating. I also read that if you don't delete all the files before updating you can build up how many past logs are available. If there are new logs, they will be added to the five originally downloaded.