Earthcaches archived and NOT transferred from Waymarking?

PAWSitraction

I had 3 earthcaches listed on Waymarking. All three of them had a nice little note on them from geoaware saying they'd passed the new earthcaching listing requirements, and I waited for them to be transferred to Geocaching.

One of the three was transferred. The other two have disappeared completely. They're not on Geocaching, they're not on Waymarking, (not even as an "archived waymark", so I can't even look them up to see if something went wrong. It's like they completely disappeared.) and they aren't listed in the Earthcache list on www.earthcache.org.

Anyone know what's up? Are some still in transition? Are mine gone forever and i have to redo them? I've emailed geoaware to ask, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has the skinny as well - the poor guy's gotta be busy.

Thanks.

I had 3 earthcaches listed on Waymarking. All three of them had a nice little note on them from geoaware saying they'd passed the new earthcaching listing requirements, and I waited for them to be transferred to Geocaching.

One of the three was transferred. The other two have disappeared completely. They're not on Geocaching, they're not on Waymarking, (not even as an "archived waymark", so I can't even look them up to see if something went wrong. It's like they completely disappeared.) and they aren't listed in the Earthcache list on www.earthcache.org.

Anyone know what's up? Are some still in transition? Are mine gone forever and i have to redo them? I've emailed geoaware to ask, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has the skinny as well - the poor guy's gotta be busy.

Thanks.

Can't help you, other than stating that I had noticed a while ago that any Earthcache that was a "Waymarking only Earthcache" does seem to be gone from Waymarking.com forever. But that's just to us regular schmucks, who knows what website administrative capabilities Geoaware has. I sure hope yours are not "gone forever" and need to be redone. Good luck.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Thanks.

Can't help you, other than stating that I had noticed a while ago that any Earthcache that was a "Waymarking only Earthcache" does seem to be gone from Waymarking.com forever. But that's just to us regular schmucks, who knows what website administrative capabilities Geoaware has. I sure hope yours are not "gone forever" and need to be redone. Good luck.

Thanks, me too! Although I found the pages again using the WM codes, so I won't have to re-visit anything but it's still kind of disconcerting to suddenly find that they're gone.

(Hoping TerryDad2 knows something and will weigh in on this...) :)

Actually -- Something similar happened to me too!

I had two earthcaches on Waymarking.com. Received all of the emails regarding changes, adoption process, etc. for one of them and it successfully made the transition to gc.com. But received nothing for the second one. Contacted geoaware and he stated that supposedly information was sent to me and the adoption deadline was passed.

I searched and searched all of my email on gmail.com (nothing gets deleted) and I can't find any contact.