Mapsource TOPO

The TOPO maps do not require an unlock code. They use USGS data and not Navteq's proprietary information. Maybe MapSource itself (the program that keeps track of all Garmin map software and waypoints) needs to be registered. I would check with the guy you work with and see if he can find the orginal packaging for MapSource.

The TOPO maps do not require an unlock code. They use USGS data and not Navteq's proprietary information. Maybe MapSource itself (the program that keeps track of all Garmin map software and waypoints) needs to be registered. I would check with the guy you work with and see if he can find the orginal packaging for MapSource.

Here in the UK the MapSource Topo requires a unlock code. Nothing works without it!

The code is capable of opening two units! The Disks are worthless without a code!

I bought the topo for UK [three weeks ago] and find the standard appalling. Paths in the National Parks just stop or are so difficult to see against the contour detail. I loaded them to the iQue and the 60csx. At least the iQue has the option to remove the contour lines when looking for a path/trail!