cache details

is there a way of sorting caches ? for example ones that are suitable to walk to, ones near rivers, suitable for four wheel drive vehicles, ones in woods, by boat etc etc.

at present i enter my post code and up comes 100's of caches? but would be more fun if you could pick and choose your own hobby/interest to match cache search?

Get yourself some digital OS maps and learn to read them, Fugawi is as good as any and somewhat cheaper. There is also a 'find geocaching sites' on Mk2s

Use the Google map option on the cache page which will also give you an idea as to the landscape...open or wooded etc

Look at the attributes on the cache page.

Edited by 2202

Get yourself some digital OS maps and learn to read them, Fugawi is as good as any and somewhat cheaper. There is also a 'find geocaching sites' on Mk2s

Use the Google map option on the cache page which will also give you an idea as to the landscape...open or wooded etc

Ok lets see if this question can be put another way..... I am in a wheelchair so how do I get ONLY THOSE CACHES that allow wheelchair access ? Its no good having to sort them out from 100's of ordinary ones that come up when you put in a postcode. Thats not what I want. I need ONLY THOSE CACHES that are wheelchair accessible. How do I do that ? (By the way I am asking this question on behalf of another geocacher, I am fully mobile)

Ok lets see if this question can be put another way..... I am in a wheelchair so how do I get ONLY THOSE CACHES that allow wheelchair access ? Its no good having to sort them out from 100's of ordinary ones that come up when you put in a postcode. Thats not what I want. I need ONLY THOSE CACHES that are wheelchair accessible. How do I do that ? (By the way I am asking this question on behalf of another geocacher, I am fully mobile)

Also you can click on the KEYWORD and enter, lets say, woodland. You will get ALL caches that have woodland in their listing title. That may reduce the number of caches that come up.

Handicaching should sort them out

I need ONLY THOSE CACHES that are wheelchair accessible. How do I do that ? (By the way I am asking this question on behalf of another geocacher, I am fully mobile)

Look at the D/T (Difficulty/Terrain) rating, and pick the T1 rated caches, and check the streetmap map.

However, although the route may be wheelchair accesable, the cache container may be out of reach of someone in a wheelchair (too high or too low) But an able bodied helper could solve that problem.

Have to recommend the Handicaching site, hundreds of caches have had ratings added recently by GeocacheUK cachers.

G