Coin production rartes?

Lemon Fresh Dog

I was just wondering what folks would "guess-ti-mate" are the number of coins produced each month. Not raw numbers, but varieties. (so 500 of a single design would count as a 1)

I have no idea! :blink: I would guess that each mint does about 10 different coins per month - which means somewhere around 50 or so?

How about all the "hard-core" collectors out there? How many different coins do you see in a typical month?

I was just wondering what folks would "guess-ti-mate" are the number of coins produced each month. Not raw numbers, but varieties. (so 500 of a single design would count as a 1)

I have no idea! :blink: I would guess that each mint does about 10 different coins per month - which means somewhere around 50 or so?

How about all the "hard-core" collectors out there? How many different coins do you see in a typical month?

So a 4 coin set, with 4 different finishes, for a total of 16 coins counts as 4?

nielsenc

We've O. D'd on acquiring geocoins(display books full of them from the last three years). Wow, in the last six months or so, too many, weak themes, buy me now, and if you are really lucky you can purchase my very rare metal type, only 10 made!!! Our collection is more focused now,on acquiring "valid" state types" and interesting personals for trade. What a difference a couple of years makes.

Of course we will be at the mega geocoin event in California in February.

I really have no idea, but I was wondering would a coin thats a different metal be a different 'design' in this case? what about same metal but different finish like antique vs. regular shiney? And does it count if theres only one or a few made like that? Maybe not, but I would guess some people probably get one time samples done in a number of various metals and finishs for coin that are basically the only of that metal.

My initial post was sort of a "if I bought one of every coin every month, how much would I spend" thing :laughing:

I thought that to "keep up" I would be in for about 50-60 coins a month - and it seems that is about correct.

Personally, I don't think that there is such a thing as too many coins. Why? I think that more coins, more varieties and more themes will make them a little more of a "cache" item. Finding one will become more of a frequent event and maybe, just maybe, it will be more interesting to move them, collect the icon and maybe place it on your watch list.

I'm not so sure I would want to go for as many as 50 coins a month though -- maybe 5-10? However, when there are Crake coins, Tiki coins, and so many nice ones coming out! :laughing:

My biggest challenge at the moment is to do something "meaningful" with the coins I have traded or purchased and wish to keep. At the moment, they are just in two big boxes - the trackables and the personals. I thought about albums - but then they also seem kind of "buried".

My new plan is to take 10 coins every day and place them on my desk. Look at them, enjoy them and rotate throught them all. Hopefully I can steal some ideas for showing them off when/if I make the big event!

Anyhow - it seems 50-60 a month is about right.