How do I get more than 500 caches in a .GPX file?

websrfr

I am trying to load as many caches as I can into my GPS and am getting frustrated with limits. I understand that there is a 500 entry limit on my searches at gc.com. BUt why cant I take multipule .gpx files and combine them so I can use GPXSonar or Spinner or some other program without having to create multipule files? All I want to do is combine my .gpx queries into one gpx file which I can then open in GPXSonar. Anybody having the same problem or have a resolution?

Thanks,

Mark

I bought GSAK specifically to amalgamate my 500 point GPX files into one large collection. The ability to retrieve the zipped GPX files directly from my email acct and import them into GSAK's database makes the task so, so easy.

GeoBC

Edited by geobc

I am trying to load as many caches as I can into my GPS and am getting frustrated with limits. I understand that there is a 500 entry limit on my searches at gc.com. BUt why cant I take multipule .gpx files and combine them so I can use GPXSonar or Spinner or some other program without having to create multipule files? All I want to do is combine my .gpx queries into one gpx file which I can then open in GPXSonar. Anybody having the same problem or have a resolution?

Thanks,

Mark

I use GPX SPINNER and PLUCKER, what I have found that works is to add channel names which gives me libarys to choose from in PLUCKER on my PALM. I set my librarys with specific names of the area, IE we made a trip from MN to LA this fall I had several librarys which I had named in relationship to the town I was planning to cache in I had over 3000 caches on the palm but only 100-200 in an library. By doing this when I request info or sort the caches by name, caches with Travel Bugs, or what ever I chose to sort by I get results quickley because its only sorting the 100-200 I may am close to not all 3000+ that are scattered over 1200 mile streach.

JUST MY WAY OF DOING IT..

I might be wrong but I think the OP was looking to add more than 500 INTO his GPSr. If that's the case you may not be able to do it. Many GPS units have a limit of 500 Caches. Depending on the GPS you have (Garmin x Series for example) you may be able to put them in as Custom POI files. If your GPS has the ability to load over 500 waypoints, you should be able to just do 2 uploads to the GPS. I know all the GPS units I have had did not erase the waypoints on each upload, you could load 500 on one upload and the remainder, up to the limit of the unit on the next upload.

Joe