Garmin Power Cable RAZR?

ivantke

First of all, forgive me if this has already been answered but my search found 0 results..... does anyone know if a Garmin Venture CX can be powered using the same AC power cord from my RAZR phone? It uses the same mini USB cable but i just want to ask b4 i fry anything. Thanks

Also, how important is MapSource? Can i still use something lke GSAK to upload to my GPSr or do i need Garmin's own software?

If it fits, it should be fine. Thus the point of having a "universal" connector.

Mapsource is mostly for viewing maps with tracks, routes and/or waypoints and transferring them from/to the GPS.

GSAK is for handling cache information and sending it tp the GPS or any other device.

I use my RAZR car charger to power my Legend Cx.

So I should get the auxiliary power icon come up in place of the battery strength meter when I plug the adapter in right?

I'm trying to find out if I can use the Razr adapter on my 60cs, but it doesn't seem to work without the batteries in, and the the icon in the top left doesn't change to indicate that external power is being used.

I had the four point adapter that comes with the auto kit, but this is also not registering as bringing an external power source in.

The only Icon I'm seeing is the usb connected icon.

Hopefully someone can tell me what I should be seeing?