Military Cachers in Iraq,Afghanastan, Kuwait...

geo66

I learned that our fellow cachers in the military have caches hidden in Iraq and Afghanastan. It would be nice if people would go on those cache sites and post a nice message of support for them. There are several caches hidden.Support our troops and wish them a happy holiday season or just send them best wishes. Thanks!!!

I learned that our fellow cachers in the military have caches hidden in Iraq and Afghanastan. It would be nice if people would go on those cache sites and post a nice message of support for them. There are several caches hidden.Support our troops and wish them a happy holiday season or just send them best wishes. Thanks!!!

How do you find those cache sites and how do you post a message for them? I am just learning all about geocaching. Thanks! :laughing:

My husband is in Iraq right now, and all of the caches that are near where he is are on the US base, not just out in the countryside. To find them to send him the links, I used Google Earth and just clicked on them from there to double check and make sure they weren't disabled and then sent him the links to the ones that were active.

I'm more of the cacher in the family, I doubt he'll actually go get them, but it was fun sending them to him.

If you are interested in Iraq caches go to IRAQ, Kuwait, and Afghanistan Geocaches I started this list at GW4 last year and this lists the current active caches.

:(

Edited by txoilgas